CHAPTER 5

hi again. I'm warning you. The next few chapters  (7,8) will be rough for atleast a few of you.

sorry not sorry <3

also ima switch between three povs, rainpaw's, dawndew's, and magpiefeather's. ( oof)

- sully

~

[ MAGPIEFEATHER ]

I regain my bearings on the sharply tilted shed roof. It's still stained red with the blood of those already murdered. I trace my opponent, an older warrior-turned-queen. It would be the honorable thing to die for her, but honors all but left us. Besides, for once, I actually want to live. I hold within me a fantasy of me & Sunwing, safe. We'd raise kits on the grandeur of old clan tales. We'd be happy. The Narrator would be gone.

All I have to do is survive.

I lower myself into some-sort of half crouch, claws flashing dangerously in the moonlight. A fragile thing, the silver light. Much like our sanities. I wait for Dawndew to move. She seems paralyzed. I approach, my blood roaring with adrenaline. The queen seems to snap out of her trance and we start to dance, circling eachother. Waiting for who would make the first move, who would become the villain. 

I narrow my eyes. If she wouldn't set off the violence, I would.

I leap forward, landing to her side & spinning, grabbing her fawn-colored tail and pulling. She yelped and slid backwards. As the body moves past me, I jump on her. My claws sink deep into that gorgeous, fluffy fur that sparkle in the moonlight as I pin her to the roof. Blood wells at where my claws have sunken into, staining her fur & mine a bright red.

Her gaze is terrifies, it stares at me, horrified as the queen kicked futility. I roll her over and properly pin her, before freezing. Was I really going to kill a queen? My old mentor? Was I really that horrifying? I can't fucking do this-

She bites into my paw and I recoil. Dawndew grins and uses her chance to shove me off, darting to the center of the roof as I process. Crap.

~

[ DAWNDEW ]

I shove Magpiefeather off me and bolt to the center, trying to get my bearings. I'm too well aware of the blood pouring from my side, the stream creating an ominous red puddle at my once-white paws. Oh well, no time for vanity now. I stare at Magpiefeather, who seems frozen. Perhaps she regrets attempting to murder me. I can't truly blame her, not considering the psychopath forcing us to do so, but I still want to. Can you blame me?

Anyway, I narrow my eyes and give her one last second to get her wits back. I'm not cruel, after all. She doesn't take the moment, so I rush forward and hit her chest head-on. She staggers back and I take the chance to move to the side and swipe my claws down her middle with a decisive movement. Blood leaks from the wound, painting my claws and trickling down her pelt.

Magpiefeather spins around, seeming to have regained her sense. She lashes out, and I narrowly avoid her sharp claws. Panic fills me, and I start to backup. She hits me with a nasty swipe across the eye & blood starts to fill my vision. I keep backing up, panicking more now. Magpiefeather glances behind me & I realize I must be right up against the edge. Fuck.

I turn and try to dart to the side, my paws partially slipping on the bloody roof. Magpiefeather takes her chance and sinks her claws deep into my middle, pulling me up and slamming me down once more.

Blood & tears cloud my eyes. My wounds sting. I stare up at the black-pelted she-cat, her look that of sadness and regret.  She whispers something, presumably, " I'm sorry.." 

I can feel her tears drip onto me as she slashes my neck. Just like how I taught her to. My vision spots out as blood drips from my neck. I grasp the final moments of my life, a gasp escaping. I sink into deep darkness before somecat calls to me.

It's Goosestripe.

But, this isn't starclan.....

~

[ RAINPAW ]

Breezepaw cries quietly into my fur. It was always going to be a hard situation for her. Magpiefeather was her sister. Dawndew was her foster mom. I understand, and try to sooth her with quiet words of kindness.

Tears cloud my own eyes as I watch the life drain from a bleeding Dawndew. Although we weren't that close, I always cherished her for adopting my best friend when she was found. Not alot of cats would take in one that wasn't their own, muchless one who's disabled like Breeze. No matter, Dawndew did.

And now she's dead.

A rage fills me to absolutely destroy The Narrator for harming all of us- most of all Breezepaw. But, Alas, violence against the deity would be foolish. It'd end in me dead & Breezepaw more heartbroken, somehow. God, this was such a mess.

We get teleported back to camp. We stagger home single-file. Breezepaw follows me; she knows Oakleaf can't comfort her through the remaining hours of night.

....

~

" FUCK RING STOP TRYING TO CALL THEM!! FOUR DAYS. JUST FOUR MORE DAYS AND ILL GET EM BACK TO YOU, OK!?!"

: muffled speaking, angry :

" nO I'D NEVER RETURN THEM LIKE THAT AGAIN!! I SWEAR!! pleaseeeee ringy this is the last clan...."

: angry noises :

" thank you sooo much "

They throw the strange brick.

~

hahhaa i just murdered someone brutally and made everyone depressed. >:)

yw

this isnt even the dramatic part thats coming. ha

~ sully