Chapter 2: Brittany: The Date

I was pretty sure that it was the best day of my life. That project is exactly what I was looking for! I had a date with Alvin! Well... not exactly, but close enough! I just had to figure out a way to make sure my sisters wouldn't be in the house tonight at 6:30.

"Hey Jeanette, Eleanor, what are you guys planning for tonight."

"Well, Simon has been having trouble with this new invention and he was wondering if he could have some help figuring it out. I'm headed over there at 6:30 to help him figure it out. It seems like quite a project."

Wow. That was easy! One sister out of the way!

"How about you Ellie?"

"Alvin gave me money to go get Theodore some cupcakes!"

"Alvin gave you money?"

"Well, he didn't give up the money freely, but I eventually got him to pay for them."

If Alvin paid money to get my sisters out of the house... He must want to be alone too!

"Oh, well... have fun! I have to make dinner for that stupid calorie project, unless, Eleanor, would you like to help? I would pay you of course!"

"Alright, I've been through this once today already. You either pay right now and I help, or you don't get my services!" I'm not messing around Britt!"

"Woah, okay Ellie, here. Does this 15 dollar bill sound good?"

"Brittany! I'm not taking that fake money! You are just like Alvin! He did that same thing to me!"

"Wait... THIS IS FAKE! Oh, I'm gonna get him the first chance I have! I would never have lied about him having diarrhea for FAKE money! He got out of class for almost a whole hour! It was hardly worth $15 anyway because I had to do my project without a partner!"

"You fell for that? Britt, 15 dollar bills do not exist! We learned that in like... kindergarten!"

"He said it was rare! Well, I guess I'll pay you $5. Is it a deal?"

"Sure Britt."

"Thanks Eleanor. I still can't believe he swindled me out of 15 whole dollars."

I knew I couldn't stay mad at him for long, but he could be so infuriating sometimes!

"Ellie, can we make something out of the ordinary? I've really been wanting some escargot..."

I still wanted it to be a great dinner, even if Alvin had played a trick on me.

"Snail? Who knew you had such an established palette!"

"Thanks?"

"Sure! I'll start making it, you should—"

"Great! I'll go do my hair!"

"No Brittany! Oh whatever..."

I had so much to do! I needed to find my nicest dress, do my hair, fix my makeup, set the table, and light some candles! There was no way I could get it done in two hours all while my sisters think it is just a normal dinner! I began taking deep breaths to calm down. My sisters wouldn't know if I just did my hair and makeup, I'm always going above and beyond. Then I could hide my dress under the bed, and put the finishing touches on after they leave if I hurry them out the door at around 6:15.

I don't know when Alvin became so important to me. I've always liked him, but I'd tried to keep my feelings under wraps because I didn't have the courage to share them, but I had finally built up the courage and I was ready to take a risk. It even seemed like maybe he even feels the same way I do. He tried to make sure I was the only one in the house. He obviously paid that money so Eleanor wouldn't be home. And that's not even mentioning when he stood up for me in the theater earlier. That being said, you never know what Alvin is up to. He could have just been plotting to blow up our treehouse because it was on top of an old treasure or something. Maybe he just didn't care if I was blown up with it. It's impossible to see into his mind.

While all of these thoughts were flowing through my head, I was trying to pick out which dress looked the best on me. I would just look so good in all of them, I don't know which one to pick! I was thinking a hot pink dress would be right, but then thought maybe I should go with more of a lighter tone. I eventually decided on the hot pink. I set that dress under my bed and put the finishing touches on my makeup before heading and out to the kitchen

"Eleanor! How does my makeup look! I'm trying a slightly different color of blush and I just wanted to get your opinion before I washed it off."

"I think it looks great Britt! Try some of the food."

It was delicious. Five star cuisine for sure.

"Well, how does it taste?"

"Wow! It tastes delicious Eleanor. Thanks so much for making this for me!"

"I think I'll keep this makeup on, don't you? I just like feeling pretty every once in a while."

"I think you look amazing Brittany, but you should probably wash it off before Alvin comes over for dinner, or he would get the wrong impression. He would think you were trying to impress him or something and then he would make a huge deal out of a little makeup."

"Yeah you're right Ellie, I'll wash it off before he gets here."

"Oh, Brittany! I love your hair, you should totally do it like that at the next school dance!"

"Oh, thanks Jeanette! You really think so? Is it my best try this week?"

"Totally!"

"Thanks for supporting me guys! I think I will post this one on my blog. You guys should probably get going, it's already 6:10! I'm sure Simon is pulling his hair out and Theo is probably starving!"

"Yeah, you are probably right. Let's go Ellie."

"Okay. Bye Britt!"

"Bye Guys!"

As they flew down the zipline I rushed to set the table and add the finishing touches! I hoped it went like I planned, but with Alvin, I just had to hope nothing blew up.