The Lovers, Louise and Frederico

It was around nine-fifteen in the evening when my mother concluded the narrative about the fate of Madame Delphine's daughters after the death of Rose Gilmore. The significant loss of the witch had profound effects on the Gautier sisters' relationship, separating them. Madeline still resides in Gautier Hills to this day, leading a solitary and content life with a few employees. However, she never established close family ties, gaining a reputation as a cantankerous lady with prejudices against half-Veela hybrids. Francine, on the other hand, retired and moved to an island in the Greek seas with Monsieur Lambert. The couple had three twin daughters, who remained in France, holding important positions. One of them became a renowned writer for the French newspaper, and this successful trajectory was passed down to her descendants in subsequent generations, contributing to the history of French magic.

Clemence carried the weight of guilt for Rose Gilmore's death until the last breath of her existence. She married a British Lord and adopted his surname. Rose was present at the wedding ceremony, but at the height of the celebrations, she was struck by a severe illness and passed away the following day. The perpetual vow was not fulfilled when Clemence chose to adopt the Lord's surname. After this episode and the revelation of the vow made in the diaries by Rose, the three sisters blamed Clemence, resulting in a gradual estrangement between them. Despite everything, the Lord acquired lands in France to establish a vineyard and made every effort to ensure Clemence's happiness. She gave birth to Bernard, Laurent, and Apolline, the latter later marrying Monsieur Delacour.

Louise, the youngest and, as expected, my great-grandmother, piqued my curiosity. I longed to know the story that led her to my grandmother and, consequently, to my mother. With each new member introduced, my fascination grew, and the desire to unravel more details became irresistible.

My mother waved her wand, casting a spell that made one of the boxes brought down from the attic vibrate intensely. From it emerged a small black leather notebook with the initials "L. D. G." (Louise Delphine Gautier) engraved in gold. Simultaneously, a stack of letters jumped into my mother's lap, organizing themselves automatically in chronological order.

That was my great-grandmother's diary, and the letters contained within it were exchanged between her and her lover, Frederico. I yearned to read every detail of the correspondence, but my mother, taking only a few of them, stated that even with brief readings, it would be possible to comprehend the entire plot behind these pages. Moreover, she emphasized that these letters would provide me with a broader understanding of what it meant to attend Beauxbatons. The story of Louise and Frederico, as revealed in the letters and my great-grandmother's diary, spanned from 1938 to 1955, covering her childhood, adolescence, and adulthood.

Beauxbatons, September 13, 1938

To my best friend, Rose Gilmore
I hope this letter reaches you quickly. When Agatha delivers it, prepare a nice fresh fish for her. She doesn't like Mr. Rupert, who is a friendly little mouse from my roommate.

I hope everything is going well there. Here in Beauxbatons, everything is so beautiful; I don't even know where to begin to tell you how amazing this place is! I know you studied at Hogwarts and are very curious about Beauxbatons. My sisters don't talk much about it, but I was going to tell you anyway.

I have no idea where we are, but I know it's somewhere in the French mountain range, further south. I thought it would be a bit difficult to breathe because we are at a relatively high altitude. The view from outside is a mix of a castle and a palace, right on top of a mountain. But when we're inside, it feels like we're at sea level. Everything is very magical, clear, and elegant. In some rooms, it reminds me a lot of the Palace of Versailles, but in many shades of blue.

My headmistress is an extremely young and very, very tall woman. She is very elegant, just like everyone here. There is a magical fountain somewhere in the palace, and it helps with the healing and beauty of people. I thought that was amazing, but I don't know if first-year students can visit it.