Another View of History

Being Fleur's best friend, it became my responsibility to be her faithful confidante. Fleur expressed nervousness, an unsettling feeling that she was about to face some kind of risk. From that moment on, as if acting on maternal instinct, she began treating Gabrielle, her younger sister, as if she were her own daughter.

Even before the draw that would determine which champion would represent Beauxbatons in the Triwizard Tournament, students were already speculating on some names. Fleur was one of the main contenders, along with Pierre Davian, a sixth-year boy known for his striking presence, and Joseph Leclair, a tall and dark-haired student, and one of the smartest after Fleur. The buzz and expectations filled the hallways of Beauxbatons as the day of the journey approached.

I knew Fleur like the back of my hand. She was a very sweet girl, with a big heart. In addition to being loyal, Fleur was a great listener, and when she made friends with someone, she did everything to make the person feel happy. However, people often judged her based on her appearance. The fear of approaching her was evident, influenced both by her stunning beauty and the facial expression that, wrongly, was interpreted as conceitedness. This stigma was common among half-Veela people and became even more noticeable when the carriage arrived at Hogwarts. In the days that followed, Fleur was misunderstood by many because the only subject she didn't excel in at Beauxbatons was foreign languages and magic. When she arrived at Hogwarts, her limited knowledge of English further fueled her reputation for being snobbish and arrogant, although most of the time, she couldn't respond appropriately without being embarrassed by her distinctive accent and short words.

The carriage glided through the skies, moving away from the Alps and leaving Beauxbatons increasingly distant. As we reached the clouds' height, the mountains and cities below became invisible. Surprisingly, the carriage remained motionless, without the slightest sign of sway. That place seemed to be a piece of Beauxbatons suspended in the sky.

Everyone on board was amazed by the luxurious accommodations and the promise of delicacies awaiting us in the main hall. Eager for an impeccable breakfast, we waited for Madame Maxime to sit before positioning ourselves, observing with some fascination the etiquette that would later prove somewhat peculiar in the hallways of Hogwarts Castle.

As we approached Scotland, the temperature gradually dropped. Interestingly, we noticed that the cold added an extra charm to the students, further enhancing their beauty. At a certain point, the horses began to neigh, and at this point, we felt the carriage beginning to tilt for landing. Everyone on board approached the windows with enthusiasm, eager to observe the landscape. However, all we saw were breathtaking mountain valleys, winding lakes, and no visible sign of Hogwarts.

The carriage sped towards a picturesque valley, where a charming lake reflected the sunlight. The horses crossed an invisible dome that protected Hogwarts from the gaze of both Muggles and curious wizards. Like Beauxbatons, the exact location of the school remained a mystery, hidden from those who didn't know the magical secrets that surrounded it. As the horses descended, the castle revealed itself imposingly. Unlike Beauxbatons, Hogwarts had an aura of antiquity, with a evident Gothic style in its various towers and turrets. Although the students from Beauxbatons were enchanted, the castle instilled a certain apprehension in us. Its grandeur seemed devoid of the refinement we were accustomed to.

When the carriage finally stopped, everyone on board was overcome with a mix of nervousness and cold. As we disembarked, we were greeted by a series of curious looks, and to our surprise, welcomed by none other than Albus Dumbledore. At that time, we were not yet familiar with the golden trio, but from the moment we arrived, we noticed a red-haired boy and another with glasses who directed glances towards the girls in our group, blending an air of enchantment with a slight apprehension in our presence.