The Final Letter

I was born on September 28, 1977, the firstborn of the family. Just a month later, on October 30, 1977, my cousin, Fleur Delacour, also came into the world. As I mentioned, my parents and Fleur's parents always maintained a very close relationship. From my early years, I remember the Christmases and birthdays we celebrated together. At that time, despite Voldemort's rise in Europe, wizards still enjoyed some peace. The followers of the dark wizard gathered secretly, posing no imminent threat and causing little disturbance. Although the shadows of the threat loomed, the everyday life of wizards unfolded with relative tranquility.

Apolline's brothers drifted apart after their mother's death, due to disagreements over some inheritances that Clemence had kept and left mostly to Apolline. The Delacour family became her new safe haven, with my mother being the closest until the day she disappeared. My childhood was marked by pleasant moments. On August 15, 1980, the twins Louis and Frederique were born, named by my mother in honor of my grandparents. Apolline gave birth to another daughter in 1985, Gabrielle. During the period from the 1980s to the early 2000s, our stories intertwined with those of the famous Harry Potter.

In 2003, a half-blood witch brought the story of Harry Potter to global attention. Since then, the connection between wizards and Muggles has improved a bit. Despite their notable ignorance, they admire the story of our Harry, although to this day, they doubt the reality of our world. I am proud to think that Fleur was mentioned in the books by the author who brought the story to both worlds. Fleur became especially known in France, even in the History of Magic books at Beauxbatons. Moreover, she and I experienced all these Potter feats during the years 1994 to 1998.

When I turned eleven, Fleur and I received letters from Beauxbatons. During this time, my mother began showing signs of obsession and paranoia regarding her brother, Armand. In the summer of 1986, she received a threatening letter with no defined address, putting the well-being of our entire family at risk. By the end of 1987, she ran away from home, completely distraught, vowing to find Armand wherever he was and put an end to his life. It was in this context that my father spent most of his time working. Despite the emotional support from the Delacours, the universe seemed to conspire for me to take on the responsibility of caring for my siblings. This continued until the day my father disappeared from our lives after I graduated from Beauxbatons, leaving everything behind to search for our mother.

"To my beloved daughter, Marguerite,

I hope you can forgive me. I know that one day you will become an incredible woman and understand my disappearance. I might not be in this world anymore when you find this letter, or maybe you'll never find it. But know that I loved your father, you, and your siblings with all my strength. I do the impossible to protect you from all the evil that surrounds us in this world.

Your uncle Armand has been a threat since you were in my belly, with resentment and hatred from times past. I made mistakes, but not to the extent of forgetting him and not considering him my brother. Take care of Frederique and Louis while I'm away, and never forget that I love you. I love you so much that it's impossible to describe in a few words."

I found this letter while exploring some books on my mother's bookshelf some time later. Despite the dubious character of the writer Gilderoy Lockhart, my mother had a penchant for the novel "Breaking with Eternity." Later, we discovered that Lockhart had stolen the story from a French witch to write the book. I already suspected the real reason for his escape, and this note was just a piece of paper that came to confirm it.