4 - Pondering

Y/N

I stared at the two objects in confusion. Instead of just Paintbrush, there was now a sheet of paper, who, for some reason, was shorter than Paintbrush even though sheets of paper are normally larger than paintbrushes. But what was I expecting; nothing is normal anymore, not since Paintbrush popped over here.

     The paper, whose name I presume is Paper, was shaking like a leaf and was curled in a ball. Paintbrush tried comforting him but he just looked like he was hyperventilating.

     I wonder how they know eachother. Sure they came from the same world but that doesn't mean that they should automatically know eachother. I wonder how they both even got here. There was a progressive wooshing which gradually got louder and more intense, I guess that's also what Paintbrush experienced.

While I was thinking to myself, Paintbrush managed to calm Paper down enough to talk to me. I spaced out and waited for someone to start speaking.

"Paper, this is y/n. Y/n, this is Paper. Y/n is this thing called a human but humans have names other than their species name for some weird reason." Paintbrush explained. Although they didn't provide much of an explanation about Paper. I guess his situation is similar to Paintbrush's.

     "Uh.. hi y/n..." Paper said timidly. He was even shorter than Paintbrush, which I thought was adorable.

"Hi Paper!" I exclaimed excitedly. It was so wonderful to have another friend!

After a few moments, Paintbrush spoke up. "We should go to sleep. It's already 12:36 and I'm sure we all need our good night's sleep" Wow already that late? That was fast. But we were talking quite some time, I guess.

"Well I'll quickly make another bed for Paper and then we can all sleep." I got uo to make the bed. All I had to do was get a washcloth and fold it a certain way that my mom taught me. But I can't use a scratchy one, that'll irritate their skin (probably) so I got an good one and folded it, then headed towards the room and set the bed on the table.

     "Alright. Goodnight you guys! We'll talk in the morning." I said. I'm so excited to speak with Paper, a new person!

    " Night.."

     "Goodnight!"

     I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

—————————————————————————

Lightbulb

I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling, wondering where Painty is. I miss them so much. They promised they'd never leave. Was it a lie? No, they couldn't have. They wouldn't.

     Would they?

     No, no they didn't, They didn't lie. If it was aie then they wouldn't have hung out with me so often. Yea! Yea, that's right. They love me just as much as I love them. Yea.

     -PLATONICALLY of course! Yea! Yea, we're just friends. Ha. Wouldn't it just be amazing if me and Painty were dating though? I mean- I don't have a crush on them. Nope. Nuh-uh.

     Oh, I just miss them so, so much! Maybe I'm overreacting, but i just want to be held by them, reassured by them, loved by them.

     ...

     Maybe I should take another walk to clear my mind. I've been taking a lot of those since Painty's dissapearance 3 days ago. I just can't belive they just.. left like that.

     I sat up from my bed, grabbed my phone fron the nightstand, and left the room. As I headed towards the door, I noticed omething a little off about everyone. They looked more paranoid then usual, and there were... more missing papers.