7 - Missing You

OJ

     Since Paper's spontaneous disappearance, I've had to learn how to manage the hotel in my own. I've got to say, it's a lot of stress for one guy. I need to do laundry weekly, make meals; that's 3 per day, fold clothes, manage the bills, make sure we don't go bankrupt, make sure no one kills eachother..

     Thankfully, Soap has been helping with cleaning, which I can't thank her enough for. She just told me she was glad to do so.

     I haven't been getting much sleep, not that I did before-hand. I used to sleep each night for about 5 hours, yet now I find myself pulling all-nighters daily. I'm lucky if I even get atleast an hour of sleep.

Once, I was so exhausted, I fell asleep while making pancakes for everyone. Mind you, the stove was still on. There was a small fire, but everyone ended up being okay. We ended making sandwiches for breakfeast that day. I also got to go straight to bed afterwards, and I slept for 11 hours. Mostly 'cause Soap offered to do half the chores around the place. Thank goodness for her.

     Paper always used to tease me about my being a work-aholic, which he is definitely right about, but now I believe I'm even more of one. I didn't think it was possible but now work is the only thing I can think about. I'm so busy I haven't even had time to be sad about Paper.

     But now, while sweeping the kitchen at 10:32pm, I can have a but of time to think about him. Maybe let some of my emotions loose. I thought about how Paper needed to force me to go to sleep when I was busy worrying about towels in the middle of winter. Man, I would hate when he'd do that, even though I know he meant the best for me. Now, I'd kill to have him back, just for him to force me to stop working and get into bed while he makes me tea. He'd never forget the tea.

     I also remember that time when Paper had to run the complaints desk and he got so overwhelmed he chugged a bottle of tequila right afterward. It was 4pm! We laughed so much about that..

     Man I miss his laugh. I miss everything about hin. Without Paper, all this work, all this responsibily, came crashing onto me. I feel crushed between my work and my emotions. Work is making me so busy I don't have time to do anything else, and I feel trapped.

     I felt tears welling in my eyes as I thought about the issue that has been bothering me for the past 2-ish weeks. Soon I couldn't contain myself anymore, and I felt fat, hot tears rolling down my face. I was crushed. Trapped like a mouse in a cage.

     I leaned against a wall and slowly sank downwards, sitting on the floor in fetal position. I cried my eyes out while silently listening to the barely-audible sounds around the hotel. The whole time I was wondering when Paper would come back. When everyone else would come back.

     When someone would get me out from the crushing pressure.

—————————————————————————

Pickle

     All I could think about Knife's disappearance was that it happened in a flash. One minute he was here, the next- gone. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss him. We bonded a lot over video games. I guess we didn't seem that close, or didn't make it official that we were anything more than simple friends, but I'd like to think that we're really close.

     Super close. In fact, I think I could spend hours just talking about how supportive he is and how kind he is and how much I love how he seems to have a soft spot for me and-... yeah.

     I don't really want to admit it, but.. I'm pretty sure I have a crush on him. Ever since he gave me that little speech about not letting one bad experience ruin everything, I've been thinking about him. Non-stop. I can't help myself!