5 - Sharpened Edges

Cobs

Mephones swarmed everywhere. The sky was filled with them. Everywhere you looked, there was a robot made by me. There was fire, destruction, gunshots, isn't that just the perfect way to assert dominance?

     The demolition of the town was beautiful like the way the sun burns into your eyes, causing you to close your eyes and see astonishing patterns and colors. But I know that I may be the only one in the world who finds destruction pretty, like you can't exactly describe the patterns you see when you sqeeze your eyes to other people.

     I beleive this is the city that many people call "Yoyle City" that I'm taking over. There are barely any people here. Oh well, I guess this can be a place where I can expand. That would be nice.

     I could look for a place with people to take over another time. Currently, I'm focused on this area. We did find proof of people living here in, like, 4 small buildings, but other than that, the city was conpletely vacant. I wonder why.

Through all this destruction, a figure looked around themself in horror. The place they probably called home was destroyed. Tears pricked his eyes. Aww boohoo. So sad. Can you tell I'm being sarcastic? Anyways, now that I looked at it, that guy looks a lot like one of the people who came searching for a battery for Mephone4 a couple months back. Weird.

     Speaking of weird, when I went up to the top of a skyscraper, I saw a pile of mostly eaten gumdrops and a larger pile a rainbow, sugary vomit. I wonder who in this damned world would even do such a stupid thing. Maybe Mephone4, now that I think about it.

     Oh well. Whatever. It doesnt concern me. I notify my group of attack robots to switch to a different part of the city. They all evacuate, and I was able to see the destruction of the city in the flesh, without any phones. There was smoke trailing out of the debris of burned down buildings and rubble scattered everywhere. It was truly beautiful if you looked at it from a certain point of view.

     This process repeated until the whole city was in ruins. Destroy and then move to another part. I watched from my comfortable office chair in satisfaction. Finally, a place to expand my work. The fire painted a picture on the land. In a way, it resembled the beauty of fireworks. Explosions dancing among the stars. Except it was on the ground, and the 'stars' are the outcome of the mass destruction.

     How pleasing it was to look at.

—————————————————————————

3rd Person P.O.V.

Knife and Pickle sat at the couch in front of the TV playing video games. The usual. They were playing Super Smash Bros and Knife was absolutely destroying Pickle. Soon, he fell off the side of the map.

"Damn it!" Pickle yelled. Knife laughed happily at his own victory. "That's what happens when you challenge the 24-times-in-a-row winner." Knife grinned and took another chip from the bowl in between them both. It had become a habit of theirs' to put food in a bowl and set it between them while playing video games together. Although recently, they've mainly been playing Super Smash Bros because Pickle kept insisting that he could beat Knife. He keeps getting proven wrong though.

"How the fuck are you so good at this?" Pickle asked desperately. Knife hesitated answering. "Well.. when I was 15, a kinda.. sorta.. had a huge obsession with the game and I would play for hours beating random opponents. It got to the point where I'd wake up, play the game, go to school, go home and then play games until 3 a.m. This lasted about a year and a half before the hyperfixation faded. I guess that's where my practice came from." Pickle laughed, remembering something he would do that was similar to what Knife did.