Truth 4

Royal Consort Yoongi was standing infront of Consort Jungkook with a blank expression.

"Has your highness taken offense to an action of mine unknowingly?" Consort Jungkook questioned

"Rest assured, you have committed no act that has given rise to offence in my eyes." assured Royal Consort Yoongi

Yoongi glanced around Jungkook's chamber before asking, "How often does the King come here to spend meaningful time with you, rather than just for intimacy?"

"Prior to the birth of Prince Taemin, His Majesty often graced me with his presence for meaningful companionship. However, his paternal duties towards the young prince now necessitate his limited visits."

Yoongi's words were laced with concern as he approached the couch and took a seat. "So, in simpler terms, it seems like he's neglecting you," he expressed.

Jungkook, with a hint of determination, conveyed to Consort Yoongi, "I do not share the same concern. The king's affection for me will not waver simply because Jimin is the mother of the prince."

Yoongi, inhaling deeply, began, "I harbor no intention of sowing seeds of discord between you and Consort Jimin. However, we share the same royal standing, dear. My only desire is to prevent you from experiencing my fate, and assist you in securing the King's favor."

"And how might I secure the esteemed favor of His Highness?"

Consort Yoongi smirked and said, "You will soon find out. I will personally prepare you," before gracefully exiting the chamber, leaving Consort Jungkook feeling confused.

As Consort Yoongi left Consort Jungkook's chamber, he encountered the King's grandfather. Consort Yoongi silently huffed at the presence.

The King's grandfather smiled mischievously at Consort Yoongi and said, "Ah, there you are, my cherished Omega in-law."

Consort Yoongi licked his lips in annoyance before giving the fakest smile. "Yes, Father? Were you looking for me?" Consort Yoongi questioned with a hint of irritation in his voice.

"I've brought forth a gift for you, my dear. I am certain that you shall find great delight in it," he spoke with an air of excitement and anticipation.

Yoongi pressed his lips into a thin line and replied, "It better not be something... less than satisfactory." He wanted to say it better not be stupid

The King's grandfather summoned him to the main hall, where a distribution of gifts was to take place.

All members of the royal family convened in the grand hall. Among them were the esteemed former King Kim Namjoon, with Queen Kim Seokjin by his right, and Royal Consort Yoongi seated on his left. The reigning King Kim Taehyung held court with Consort Jimin to his right and Consort Jungkook to his left. The young Prince was cradled by his nanny, and Prince Yeonjun sat regally beside his grandfather. Each member adorned themselves in resplendent royal attire, befitting the grandeur of the occasion.

Amidst the opulence, Grandfather Daehyung, known for his penchant for mischief, presented Yoongi with yet another playful gift. Though annoyance flickered across Yoongi's face, it was masked by a smile, long mastered over time. His eyes, however, betrayed a weariness, revealing a silent acceptance of the inevitable jests, a dance he had become all too accustomed to in the intricate tapestry of courtly whimsy.

At everyone's insistence, Yoongi unwrapped the gift to reveal a fabric adorned with cat prints. A subdued laughter rippled through the assembly, careful not to further perturb Consort Yoongi.

 A subdued laughter rippled through the assembly, careful not to further perturb Consort Yoongi

After having some quality time everyone went to do their duties. Except Consort Jungkook

In the King's private chamber, Consort Jungkook made a captivating entrance, donned in a gown of flowing silk that hinted at regal allure. The dress, adorned with delicate lace and intricate embroidery, carried an air of sophistication. Adding a touch of mystique, a transparent veil gracefully draped over Consort Jungkook, adding an ethereal quality to his presence. The bejeweled tiara on his head glistened through the sheer fabric, creating an enchanting effect. Refined gloves and footwear, carefully chosen, completed the ensemble as Consort Jungkook prepared to dance, shrouded in an alluring elegance that heightened the intimate atmosphere of the King's private sanctum.

"My Love, I'm genuinely surprised to find you in my chamber. Everything alright? It's quite unusual for anyone, to enter without permission. What brings you here?"

Instead of Answering the question, Royal Consort Jungkook, adorned in resplendent attire, initiated a private dance. His movements, a silent plea for attention, conveyed a subtle yearning. The room, void of any spectators but King Taehyung, became a stage for Jungkook's unspoken desires. As he gracefully moved, the dance served as a poignant expression of the consort's longing, hoping to bridge the emotional distance between him and his husband in the intimate confines of their royal chamber.

———————
Word count: 783
Started writing: 01/15/24
Publish: 01/26/24

It took such a long time to complete this chapter because I was doing extra hours at work 😭