I didn't know - Mina (G×G)

Edited

* * *

In the tranquil embrace of the morning, as students drifted into the school, seeking refuge from the specter of detention, the atmosphere within the empty classroom crackled with subdued energy.

Two figures, enveloped in their own world, engaged in a conversation that unfolded like a delicate dance between silence and speech.

One, Y/N, stared into the distance, her thoughts wandering like wisps of morning mist, while the other, Chaeyoung, poured out her intentions with a fervor that seemed to echo in the stillness.

Y/N—Y/N! Chaeyoung's voice pierced the quiet, jolting her companion back to the present moment.

With a start, Y/N turned her attention to Chaeyoung. Oh, sorry. What's on your mind, Chaeyoung?

A sigh escaped Chaeyoung's lips as she ran her fingers through her hair, a gesture laden with a mixture of determination and apprehension. I was just telling you about my plan to confess my feelings to Mina-unnie on the rooftop.

Y/N mustered a faint smile. Ah, I see. But why confide in me?

Chaeyoung's gaze softened, tinged with a hint of disappointment. You weren't really listening earlier, were you?"

I apologize. My mind was elsewhere. Y/N admitted with a tinge of guilt.

Undeterred, Chaeyoung leaned in closer, a gesture that elicited a subtle retreat from Y/N.

I need your assistance. Chaeyoung declared, her voice imbued with a quiet urgency, mindful of the delicate web of connections between Y/N, Mina, and herself.

Y/N's brow furrowed in confusion. Why me, though?

Because you and Mina-unnie are close. Chaeyoung asserted with conviction.

A skeptical glance from Y/N punctuated the air. I wouldn't say we're that close.

Liar! I saw you both together in the canteen yesterday. Chaeyoung countered.

It was mere happenstance. There were no other options. Y/N explained with a touch of exasperation.

With a softened tone, Chaeyoung implored, Then prove to me that your feelings for Mina are nonexistent. Help me.

Fine. I'll assist. Y/N acquiesced with a weary sigh.

Excellent! Could you ask Mina to meet me on the rooftop during lunch? Chaeyoung's eyes sparkled with anticipation.

Y/N nodded in resignation. I'll convey the message.

As the bell chimed, signaling the commencement of class, the two companions returned to their respective seats, leaving the weight of their conversation lingering in the air like a gentle breeze.

---

Y/N, don't forget what we discussed earlier. Chaeyoung's voice carried a gentle insistence as she tenderly patted Y/N's back.