PART 12

With words as chains, he claims his prize,
In cruelty's grasp, his heart belies.
She, captive now, in his dark design,
Bound by shadows, no stars align.
But love's spirit, a flame untamed,
In its glow, her freedom reclaimed.
For in the end, love's light will find,
Breaking chains of darkness, gentle and kind.
-Riyu

"Stop this drama and go away," her dismissive tone pushed me to take a different approach.

"You want me to force you, to make you sit there against your will? It won't take a second for me to do that. And if it means I have to ruin your well-established career and your father's reputation, I'll do it," I declared firmly.

Her eyes widened in shock.

"You can't do that," She said in a hushed tone and I raise an eyebrow in challenge.

"Do you really think that, Siya?" I asked.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Her question caught me off guard.

A good question indeed.

"I'm not obligated to provide you with answers. And don't test my patience, Siya," I said, and she glared at me.

"You can ask someone else to marry you," she said still glaring at me.

"No," I stated firmly.

"Don't do this to me. I really can't marry you."

"Why can't you marry me?" I asked

"Because I love someone else," she declared.

I know that.

"I don't give a damn about whom you love," I replied, and she looked at me with such vulnerable eyes.

She closed her eyes, exhaling deeply. When she opened them, her expression was blank, devoid of defiance.

"Can you please stop this and think about it calmly?" she asked.

"I've already thought about it and told you my decision, Siya," I said, and she looked at me with disgust.

"I'd rather die than marry you," her words pierced through me, causing my eyes to narrow.

"You'd die rather than marry me," I repeated, the words felt so foreign and wrong on my tongue.

"Die after marrying me. I don't give a damn, but today you'll marry me," I said through gritted teeth.

Her eyes turned from blank to hateful. Good, her hatred-filled eyes were better than the blank ones.

"You're heartless," she hissed.