Angel

prompt 20; You look like an angel

Standing around the grill, waiting for your girlfriend to exit the room she's in is tortuous. As soon as you had arrived at your childhood home, Frida had practically been kidnapped by your mother and all the rest of the girls in the family.

At first you had tried to enter the room they had brought her into, but your sisters just shut the door right in your face telling you whatever was happening in the room was a surprise which meant that you officially had been banished from the upstairs area.

All this led to you standing around the grill with your brothers, father and brother in laws. Every once in a while you would flip the food laying on the rack, letting it cook on both sides while you talked with everyone around the grill.

The apron you were wearing appropriately said 'kiss the cook' and as Frida made her way down the stairs, that's all you wanted her to do. Much to your dismay, and to the amusement of the others, you had been mid-sip when she made her descent causing you to choke on your drink.

The blonde made her way towards you, wearing a traditional Norse dress that made her look like a Norse goddess, and a flower crown with tens of different colours displayed by the flowers that gave her the essence of an angel.

She looked nothing short of ethereal, and you weren't shy to let her know.

"You look like an angel with a halo made of flowers" You tell her as she nears you, pulling her into your side as you press a quick kiss to her temple. She blushes a dark red and the ladies of the family look at her with appreciation present in their eyes, glad that you found someone who made you as happy as you made her.

The midsummer celebrations continued long into the night, and as you sat at the outside dinner table, Frida on your lap you couldn't help but smile. Because how could you ever deserve a person like her in your life, the debt of love being paid back by the happiness you found in each other.