Picnic

prompt 47. -I want you here, from tonight until the end of time.

------------------

The picnic date you and Kyra had only 15 minutes earlier ended with the sun going down behind the horizon. It was time to use the scenic field out in the countryside to stargaze, the purpley orange color of the lowering sun painting your faces gorgeously.

"Yeah, it should be there? I don't think I forgot it..." You shoot back at the Aussie, who perks up when she seemingly finds it.

"I found it!" She lifts her arms in triumph, blanket falling down onto the ground. Picking it up, Kyra doesn't notice you coming up behind her. That's why she jumps out of her shoes when she feels your hands on her waist, turning around and going down into a ninja-like position.

"Whoa, Miss Ninja be careful, wouldn't want you to chop my head off with those razor hands, would we?" You take her hands in yours, twirling her around like you would a dance partner.

And in a way she was, twisting and twirling around behind the car to the whistling tunes of the birds, early September glow making for an ethereal scene.

"Come on, let's go lay down" The younger girl tells you after stealing a quick kiss from your lips. The early September air was warm enough not to need hoodies during the day but cold enough to need blankets at night.

Laying down on the picnic blanket placed out earlier, her head finds its way onto your shoulder, Kyra's arm wrapping around your waist under the thick fluffy blanket. Your arms find their way under your head, providing some well needed cushioning.

The young Australian star presses a sweet kiss to the underside of your jaw, catching your attention prettily.

The soft oranges of the sleepy sun were slowly fading, making a starry night possible.

"What's that constellation?" She points out the obscure shape in the sky made up of stars, forming what looked to be a w.

"Well, that my love happens to be Cassiopeia." You whisper in her ear softly, your breath tickling the skin of her cheek. She giggles, pushing your face away from hers, you just leaning in to press a bunch of pecks to her cheeks.

The giggles increase dramatically, the two of you rolling around on the picnic blanket. When you end up on top of her, the urge to kiss her becomes far too strong, capturing her lips with yours in an innocent embrace.

"Mhm, you're my greatest love Kyra. My only love." You whisper to her, lips millimeters from your own.

"You're a dork" She pushes you down beside her, going back to your previous position. "I love you too" She whispers into the night air, cloud forming.

"I wish we could stay here forever, just the two of us. I want you here, from tonight until the end of time." With only the stars and your lover witnessing the moment of softness, you express every loving thought you have of her, voice lulling the midfielder to sleep.

You yourself couldn't sleep even if you wanted to, the goddess beside you snoring loudly in your ear. Anyways, you'd rather look at her than sleep, her peaceful features twitching ever so slightly when your finger runs over them.

Even as the sky's painted in glowing orange and pink, you can't help but think how much more gorgeous the girl beside you was compared to the sky.