The Night Of Scarring

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was awoken by the screeching scream of my father from downstairs. I walked downstairs completely confused clutching onto my stuffed rabbit.

"Daddy?" I spoke up with a drowsy tone. Once my foot met with the final step of the stairs I saw it. I saw a large woman with eight legs. My eyes widened as the stair caused a loud creak sound. My eyes began to water as the woman's eyes met mine and a nasty growl escaped her mouth.

"Come child." She spoke, her voice sounding almost like she had been yelling until her voice gave out. Chills ran down my back and I took one step forward.

"Laylah run!-" I heard my father yell from under this horrible creature which caused me to look down in confusion. He was under one of her hairy legs. His mouth was covered with a web. My breath was caught in my throat as I looked up at the upper part of the 'lady'.

"Don't be so jittery, Laylah." She spoke up with a growl. My name escaping from her lips was enough for me to take a step back into the shadows. I felt more at home with the shadows. It felt like a dive into a warm pool of water that completely submerged you with a comforting feeling.

I felt a metal feeling under my foot and my eyes scanned the darkness of the ground. Every little detail of the darkness was something I knew very well. I could see the tears from my eyes soak a small part of the wooden tile. I finally saw a shiny necklace under my foot. I grabbed it and felt all my worries and fear get pulled away from me. The necklace was a dark purple almost black color around it. I quickly put it on and looked up at the lady as she backed up.

A gem was in the middle of the necklace which I quickly clutched for comfort. It felt like a small bump at the purple-black gem. I pushed my thumb against it and without warning a dark gray sword was in the palm of my hands.

"Laylaaahhh.." The creaky tone ringed in my ears as the fear instantly crept back into me. I looked up and finally noticed the anger in the woman's eyes. She looked down at my father as he struggled against her grasp.

"GET OUT-" My father yelled before the woman simply crushed him with her leg. I gasped and gripped onto the sword.

"Hey Laylah, come here." I heard a voice behind me whisper. I turned around frozen in place as my eyes met a girl but the other part of her was the legs of a goat.

"W-What are you..?" I asked, my bottom lip quivering. She frowned her thumb wiping my tears away. I flinched, stepping out of the shadows.

"There you are!" I heard the creaky voice behind me yell before the eight legs of hers started to slam my way. The girl pulled at my wrist running out of the house.

"I'm a satyress but my name is Lorelei! I'm here to guide you to Camp Half-Blood safely and soundly! That right there is an Arachne!" She spoke, pulling me with her. My own legs were unable to reach her speed. She quickly took notice of that and with a swift movement I was on her back holding on for dear life. I turned around and saw the giant spider lady chasing after us pushing everything in view away from her path.

"I'm scared.." I whispered into Lorelei's ear panic settling in as soon as I realized the slams from the spider were getting closer. The Satyress gripped onto my legs picking up her pace.

"We're almost there I promise!" She spoke with a soft tone looking ahead. I noticed the change in atmosphere. I felt a tug at my hair and I fell from the girl's back. I felt the aching pain throughout my entire back as I realized I was slammed into a tree.

"Laylah your necklace!" The girl yelled and I looked down gripping onto it like I had done earlier. The sword was at the palm of my hands once again this time it felt like a feather. It was much lighter than before. My body moved before I could even think.

I swung the sword around Arachne's legs. I sliced about three of her legs and a screeching yelp in pain she let out caused me to fall to my knees holding onto my ears.

"Get up, come on, we need to go!" Lorelei groaned, grabbing my upper arm pulling me with her. I felt a weakened feeling and I was out cold by the time my eyes met Lorelei's eyes.

(Author Note!: Hey loves I'm sorry this is short! I had so much ideas and once I started to write my mind went blank and it's literally 1:54 am right now! I'll try to publish the second one as soon as I can! Have an amazing night/day stay hydrated, eat, be positive with yourself, and take care! I love you all!!)