Get Over It

________________________________________________________________________________________________

It had been a week and it still poured but even harder than before. Everyone had to stay inside since someone already slipped and hit their head which was one of the Apollo kids. Everyone was annoyed to say the least. I loved the rain but whenever I stepped foot outside I would get yelled at. After a while I learned to sneak out in the middle of the night. Me and Clarisse's practice started going on in the middle of the night since in the day it was too complicated to get past everyone. That night I held onto my jacket in my hands quickly putting it on before quietly walking out the door. I ran through the forests and reached the stands.

Clarisse laid on the stand silent which I layed next to her. "Hey.." She mumbled and I turned on my side facing her. "Hey you okay?" My voice filled with concern as I noticed the pissed off expression which was normal but when she's around the stands she's always with a smile well at least when we're practicing.
She turned to her side as well staring in my eyes with an annoyed expression but her eyes softened at that moment. I tried to ignore it but she just shrugged. "Just my siblings. They are all extremely pissed since our energy is still with us since we can't practice or even be outside all day except for breakfast, lunch, and dinner." She muttered leaning against her elbow. I nodded and sighed knowing the feeling. "I know how you feel. I'm sorry though I know how stressful it is to be in a room full of kids with so much energy it turns into annoyance." She chuckled, nodding in agreement.

"How about we don't practice today? I already did before you came here." I looked over at her confused and she just gave me a look to go along with it." We laid there for a while just staring into eachothers eyes for a bit. A small smile crept up on her face and she leaned in a bit until we heard a loud branch break over in the trees. I quickly got up and she did aswell and one of her siblings stood there with an evil grin. 'I'm fucked' I thought as Clarissa got up pushing me away. "Ew stay away from me." Her sibling soon ran off and she groaned. "They're gonna tell everyone that I'm here with you." Something about the tone she used when she said "you" was enough to make my heart drop. She and I went quiet after that and her eyes filled with regret. "Wait, I didn't mean it like that."

I got up nodding, walking off completely ignoring her calls for me. Once I reached my cabin I layed there in silence with my fingers touching my lips. Why would she say that and make it seem like it was nothing? I asked myself, starting to feel confused. I hate feeling confused, especially with my feelings. I stayed awake for another ten minutes until the door to the cabin opened. I knew it was her since I heard her annoyed groan. I quickly closed my eyes, staying completely still. I heard her footsteps reach my bunk and her breath on my face. After a while she leaned back and walked off, closing the door behind her.

After that I forced myself to sleep not wanting to listen to my thoughts any longer. The next day I woke up to a harsh knock on my door. I sat up from my bed and I was completely alone in the cabin. I didn't even realize I overslept. I got up and opened the door rubbing my eyes. "Hey are you okay?" I heard a soft voice which was Crystal. I instantly let out a sigh shaking my head. She nodded, walking into the door, closing the door behind me. "Sit." She pointed at the bed I once laid on and I sat down running my hands through my hair.

"What happened?" She sat next to me staring over at me with concern. "Clarisse. She told me that we don't have to practice which was weird but I went along with it. We just layed there and then we were like leaning in almost but her sibling caught us and she acted as if I was the one who made the move. I bet the whole camp knows. God this is so embarrassing." I mumbled and the annoyance on Crystal's face was instantly visible. "That is not fair. I'm gonna tell her something." She got up and before I could even say anything she stormed out the door. I quickly put on some fresh clothes running out the door following after Crystal.

As soon as I walked up to Crystal she was already in Clarisse's face. I backed up realizing how bad this is going to turn out. I could see the rage enter Clarisse's eyes and the frustration in Crystal's tone. I grabbed Crystal's wrist pulling her back. "Sorry she didn't mean it." I said avoiding eye contact with Clarisse. Crystal scoffed "Like hell I didn't mean it." I quickly pulled her away into the forest.

"You're gonna get beaten if you don't quit!" She shrugged her frustration growing. "And? I'm standing up for you!" I groaned and she just rolled her eyes. "You won't be able to stand any longer if you keep it up, especially with Ares' cabin! It's like you're signing your own death wish!" She gave me an annoyed look by my response and shook her head. "I'll be fine." With that she walked away leaving me standing there completely scared for my best friend's safety.

(Authors Note: Alright so basically Clarisse was supposed to kiss Laylah to "Show her that she can be gentle" but I quickly took off that idea cause no 😭. Stop I think about edits of them in my head and I can't even edit like if only I could the edits would be incredible. But I already have a plan for the ending guys 😼😼. Anyways I have to go to sleep cause I have school 😣 goodnight guys love you!)