Am Chosen?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I paced around the cabin biting at my thumb nail. I had a nightmare once again. But this time it was extremely different. It was about Clarisse. I didn't understand why it bothered me so much. It was still morning so most of them were snoring or some walked through the door. It was surprising to see that Ares kids actually woke up early but then again they only wake up for training. Once I heard her footsteps walk into the cabin. I look up with my eyes filled with worry. She had a small cut on her cheek and she looked angered. "Hey are you okay?" Worry was the only thing heard in my tone. At the sound of my voice she looked up and rolled her eyes. "Of course I am." She says on her bunk and before I could think I was sitting next to her. I wanted to feel her presence even if it was suffocating to be around. It was also comforting. All my life I've been suffocated by the linger of loneliness and anxiety. For once I wanted to be suffocated by something other than my own fucked up feelings.

"What's wrong with you?" Her attitude was clear and it started to affect my emotions. "Can I hug you?" The question replayed in my head. I mentally slapped myself at the sight of her expression changing. "No." I nodded obviously I saw that coming but did I want to accept it? No. I pulled her in for a hug and for those few seconds she tugged and tugged until she let out a soft sigh of relief. Her arms wrapped around my lower back and her head layed on my shoulder. "What's this for?" I just shrugged and I pulled away but she didn't let go. Her arms stayed wrapped around mine and when I looked up at her she had this begging look on her face.

My arms slithered up her neck once again. This time this hug felt warm, almost hot. I hated feeling warm and most definitely got but for her I would jump into a pit of flaming water for this hug to last. "Would you let the Aphrodite kids pick you?" I was taken aback by the question and just the thought of laying with absolutely beautifully perfect people made me shiver and for a split second I was glad Chiron Ares was in my cabin. "I would have loved to but I would hate to be surrounded by their egos." I earned a slight laugh and I smiled slightly.

I finally felt her arms pull away and I scooted a bit far from her. "But would you really?" That's when I noticed the jealousy in her eyes. Something about Ares kids is that they will always pick an argument out of their own jealousy. Right now wasn't a good time to try to start one but Clarisse wanted to and Clarisse always gets what she wants.
"What?" I smiled a bit thinking it was a joke but her expression turned cold which made my smile drop. "You know what. Would you have picked her?" She got up and hovered over me leaning on the bunk bar. "Yes- I mean no!"

Once the word even the letter "Y" slipped out of my mouth Clarisse clenched her jaw. I quickly stood up no longer wanting to be suffocated. I thought for a moment "Was it worth it?" And once I felt a slam against my shoulder I thought it was worth it. I realized she shoulder checked me which was obviously so damn petty. "Ouch?" I mutter while walking after her. "Go." I looked up at her but she was looking straight ahead. "Where?" But once I saw her point to the Aphrodite cabin I realized right then and there staying in Ares cabin wasn't gonna be all that fun. I took a huge lump of anxiety grew in my throat which I was quick to swallow. The anxiety lingered in my stomach causing it to drop. I gasped for air about to say something but she gave me an angered glare. I walked past her practically running to Aphrodite cabin.

Before my fist was even met with the wooden
door a girl lunged at the door opening it. The smell of roses with a small hint or strawberry slapped me across the face. She smiled and leaned against the door frame playing with a strand of hair. "Awh Clarisse didn't work out?" She mumbled with a mocking frown looking behind me. I turned around and saw Clarisse with an angered look. I shrugged and the girl smiled. "Come on in, beautiful." I took three steps into the cabin and the door was already closed. It was beautiful here and the stares mostly from girls was enough to cause me to panic. I wasn't usually like this but when girls like this stared at me I felt like I needed to get on one knee and propose or something.

"Janice, she's hereee!" She spoke with an excited tone and I heard some footsteps from what I'm guessing is the bathroom. A girl ran out and she looked extremely familiar. I finally realized it was the girl who stood up. She wanted me to be in her cabin. "Finally. Took you long enough to crack." Her hands intertwined with mine which caused me to flinch slightly. "What? You think I can't handle a little darkness?" I finally realized she was flirting. We're they all flirting? God I hope not because I couldn't handle half of the cabin of girls and boys flirting with me. On the bright side it was a distraction but did I really need it? "Follow." Her beautiful silky black long hair fell at her back as she took off the ribbon that was holding her hair together. My eye trailed down until her hair fully fell. I followed after her and we both sat on her bunk.

"Can I help you?" My eyebrows furrowe in confusion and a finger brushed against my chin bringing my face up. "With what exactly?" I stumbled over my own words and the girl grinned looking up into my eyes. "With your hair. It's a bit messy. No offense but a pretty girl like you can't be walking around with messy hair." I was about to kindly let the offer down but I was pulled up. I felt my arm getting tugged and before I knew it I was standing in front of a mirror and she stood beside me. I stared back at Janice through the reflection of the mirror. She grabbed a towel and handed it to me while I stared at her dumbfounded.
She snatched it from my hands, putting it around my shoulders. For those thirty minutes she massaged, combed, cared, and washed my hair thoroughly. If being here meant getting random massages and washes then I'll stay here. But the thought of Clarisse lingered in my head. I didn't want to think of her but I badly needed to.

I wanted to have some distraction so I used it. I walked out of Aphrodite cabin with freshly washed hair and a nervous expression. I know that if I walked into Ares cabin and I come across Clarisse all hell will break loose. But it had been hours and I missed her attitude. So I pushed the panicked thoughts and walked into Ares cabin. Our eyes met but hers filled with jealousy and mine filled with a sudden amount of fear and the need to apologize. "Listen I'm-"
"I didn't actually mean that. I didn't want you to leave. They buried you with flirting didn't they?" I realized when she told me to "Go" earlier she didn't actually mean it. I'm glad she didn't because her angry demeanor was all I've been craving these past hours. I nodded feeling a bit embarrassed and she scoffed. "Of course they did. They don't get a fuck about you though." I look up at her confused. "What do you mean?" My eyebrows furrows in confusion and she stood up her fists clenched in tight fists. "You are already chosen by someone." My heart sunk. When you are known as "chosen" by someone that means that a person likes you. But who could like me?

"By who?" A small smile appeared on her face and she clicked her tongue. "That's for you to find out." With that she walked out the door. I was prepared to apologize but instead I was left in the middle of the cabin confused on what she meant and why she said it.

(Authors Note: I wonder who she's chosen by 🤓🤓☝️. But erm don't ask. I don't even know what this is. But I'm gonna go with it 😞 it adds drama guys 🙏🙏 Trust the process please 😞)