We Have Our Time Now

________________________________________________________________________________________________

After Crystal had left me alone I walked back to camp avoiding everybody. I tried my best to avoid eye contact, physical contact, and even emotional contact with anyone. Today felt so strange and I couldn't put my exact finger on it. I walked through camp and blurred everything out. Before I knew it I was walking through the woods after lunch. I didn't know if she wanted me to or if she was even going herself but I tried to. I walked in and after a few minutes nothing. I layed down on the mat waiting for her. For some strange reason I had a slight smile on my face. I was always looking forward to this training after lunch each day. I would never admit this but this was always the highlight of my day. It had been about 15 minutes but I told myself that she was going to come... I hope so.

20 minutes passed and then 30 then an hour and then two hours passed. I sighed, grabbing my sword and dragging my feet across the floor. For those two hours I trained by myself. I started to walk out of the forest and once I stepped back into the cabins that were in a U shape I saw Clarisse walking around with her siblings with her spear in her hand. 'Wow.' I mumbled and I didn't realize I was staring at her until I turned around and her eyes met mine.

I was exhausted from training and I'm not going to lie. I cried a few times so my eyes were a little red and so was my nose. Regret spread into her sight before her siblings turned around to see what she was staring at. Once they stared at me they nudged her shoulder confused. She turned around shaking her head and turning back around glancing at me before walking off into her cabin with her siblings. I walked into the Hermes' cabin with a saddened look. I sat on my bunk staring down at my sword in my hand.

"Hey." I heard a voice and I looked up. I was extremely surprised when I saw Lorelei standing in front of me. I hadn't seen her in a while since we both bonded a little too much to the point where they found me under her bunk because I couldn't sleep without her so they separated us for "our own good". I remember the sleepless nights I spent and going to the woods wanting to find the girl who saved me from my own home. I found her once and I couldn't let her go neither could she. That day was my 12th birthday and they only allowed us to be together for holidays so you could imagine my excitement seeing her standing in front of me.

I jumped up at that moment hugging her tightly. She laughed, hugging me back and caressing my hair. The real reason I got so attached to her was because I never had a mother figure growing up. My father told me stories that my mother was an explorer and was out exploring the shadows and unknown lands which I believed since I was 6 at that time. Lorelei reminded me of a mom considering she's 23 in a 15 year old girl half upper body.

"Since I have completed the tasks and it was my chance to offer something I offered for you." The sentence and soothing tone was enough to calm me down. I nuzzled my head into her shoulder, tightening the hug. "Just for today?" She smiled pulling away "Nope. They said you are old enough now and we can now finally be together like old times." A bright smile spread across my face and she sat me down on my bunk and sat next to me.

"I haven't seen you in three years. Look at you and your hair, it grew so much!" She smiled, running her hands through my hair, her eyes scanning my entire face. I nodded with an excited smile as my hand went up to her tiny horns. I lightly touched them and she lowered her head. I used to always do this when I was younger. It was something so comforting. I pulled my hand away after a while and her eyes met mine once again. "So anything new?" I took a deep breath at the question and she took notice to that, grabbing my hand interlinking our fingers together. "What happened?" I turned towards her and told her everything. I told her about Clarisse, Crystal, Luke, Clarisse's siblings, and finally all the days and nights I missed her.

After a long conversation about the events she missed we both found ourselves hugging again as I told her how confused I felt with Clarisse, how me and Luke drifted apart, how Crystal ignored her own safety for a stupid comment Clarisse made, how my anxiety rised a little more, how my nightmares continued, and most importantly how alone I've felt. The whole time she listened, her ears slightly lowered at every sad event I mentioned. "So there's no good things?" I shook my head and she sighed, rubbing her thumb against my knuckles. "Well I'm glad we can be back together. It took a lot of conniving but we got it."

Just the thought of finally being able to spend our days together was enough to make me smile. Her comforting aura had me relaxed and before we knew it time had passed by quickly. It was now 9:30 which was our "bed time" so she got up giving me another big hug. "I better not wake up to your drooling on my hoove again, Lelaini." I rolled my eyes with a slight laugh. She was the only person that called me by middle name which I accepted. One time I ran to her when I was 10 and accidentally called her mom and for that whole year I was 10 I was bullied for that. Even after that incident I would still call her mom on accident but she would just smile and say "Yes?" Or "What's wrong?". When they would see me and Lorelei together they would say "Mom!" In a mocking tone and as soon as the dean heard about this incident he kept a close eye on us. He finally noticed after a bit of observing that I would sneak into her cabin in any condition and sleep with her so he separated us.

Just looking into her eyes was enough to make me feel like a 6 year old when her mom would sing lullabies to her. The bond we have was something I always held with me which was an even stronger bond then I had with Crystal.
"I better get going before I get kicked out by 'Luke'." She said in a mocking tone and I laughed a bit pulling her in another hug. She happily returned the gesture before pulling away. "See you tomorrow!" With that she walked out of the cabin door and my stressed/annoyed demeanor was calmed. She was always the girl I ran to in everything and telling her the events that happened was so relieving. It hadn't rained in a while. It was good until I heard that familiar tapping sound from the window. Everybody either groaned or the people who weren't already in the cabin stormed inside soaked.

(Authors Note: Hey so I just realized I never brought up Lorelei in the other chapters. If y'all forgot who she is she is the satyress who saved Laylah from the Arachne in the first chapter! This chapter is about their bond which is so cute I swear I lowkey sobbed writing this cause I'm sick so I'm emotional 😭. Also I haven't showed a picture of Lorelei so it's gonna be under this!

 Also I haven't showed a picture of Lorelei so it's gonna be under this!

So that's Lorelei's how she looks like which is Storm Reid!)