Disclaimer and Author's Note

This book is a work of fiction. Any relevance to a person dead or alive is purely coincidental. The work does not intend to hurt any religious sentiment or any community. This work is purely of the author and may not be plagiarised in any form ( print or digital) in part or complete form. If any such act is found, a strict action of copyright infringement will be reported.

Trigger Warnings:
- war and gore
- graphic descriptions of war and violence
- death
- canon divergence
- villain redemption
- mild sexual content
- strong language
-trauma 
-separation anxiety
- sexual assault
- attempts to burn a person alive

Tropes
-Pandavas X OC
- Mahabharat alternate universe
-polyandry
-polygamy
-time travel
-love at first sight
-multiverse

As a part of canon divergence, I will be redeeming one of the most dreaded villains of Mahabharat- Duryodhan. I'm going to make it very clear that, if you are someone who prefers not reading this kind of divergences, then please keep away and not spoil your mental health over a work of fiction.

It is highly advised to keep in mind that unabridged texts like the BORI CE have the closest to authentic portrayals and you should read them. In my opinion to be able to understand these canon divergences, one must be able to understand the characters from their source, something I have been actively trying to and will do.

Fiction is meant to provide a new perspective, entertain, and broaden your understanding. And with Mahabharat fiction every time facts can't be the only way ( this does not mean I'm in support of the Karna fiction which in the name of redeeming Karna's character end up villainising even people who are remotely not villains or the non-canon ships like the whole Draukarna tropes and even some of them pairing Karna with Subhadra or whitewashing villains as if they are a victim of circumstances without backing it to be logical within their books/universes). Nuances enter as we may take inspiration from various retellings or something existing in our society. Mahabharat as a tale is a delicate balance between history and religious scripture. And as a creative who writes this fiction, I have a greater responsibility and understand the same.

Concerning this book, I have a prequel in the works that will hopefully be able to back my decisions as a creative and the universe of Pancha Praana.

The book does not intend to glorify the villain, Duryodhan, Instead, it tries to understand him from a different perspective and delves into a what-if narrative. This portrayal of Duryodhan should not be considered as me trying to whitewash a villain but instead be treated as a character I have created to understand why the original was the villain. Our texts have given everyone a chance of redemption irrespective of how wrong they are (it doesn't matter what their role in the story is), this series aims to imagine a story if there was a change in some of the behaviours of a character like Duryodhan and understand him as a human over an incarnation of Kalipurush. 

In my opinion, Duryodhan is one of the most complex characters that deserves an exploration as a morally grey human and the absolute villain he is. And this is my attempt to see him as a morally grey human.