5. Acceptance

Kampilya, Southern Panchal

Shivanya looked at the royals of Panchal as soon as she revealed she was from the twenty-first century, while seated in the lounge room of the Panchal palace. The shock was an understatement. Kanha blinked at Shivanya in assurance, her being from the future was a part of her identity. She may have taken birth from the waters of Ganga, but that could not take away she was an Oberoi.

"I'm a fire-born and she's a water-born. But where did Kaliyug come in between? " Dhrishtadyumna mused making Shivanya smile at her fire-born brother and point at Kanha as if he had all the answers.

"Sakhi," Kanha sighed at Shivanya's antics.

"You know things most of us don't," Shivanya shrugged, "You're the best person to answer that, aren't you?" she now directed her question towards Kanha. 

"Now that's something I agree with Panchali on," Balram agreed with Shivanya sending a teasing smirk to his younger brother who shook his head at Balram.

" Who can even win against you?" Kanha asked.

"You can Kanha," Shivanya answered earnestly. "No one can win against you. If that happens then this world will not be the one we know," her tone serious about her deep affection for the son of Devaki. 

Shivanya's trust and belief in Kanha took everyone aback, for Shivanya Krishna was the first friend she made in her life. Endless talks and rants were made when she lived away from the country for seven years. Every aspect of her life was known to the father of the universe, for her he meant the world and beyond- an emotion that words failed to express.

"You trust him so much, "Drupad was shocked. He knew there was something special about his nephew, his daughter's words were a reassurance of the same, yet a part of him found it amusing about the mysterious ways of the lord.

"More than my life. If he has got me here, he has a reason and I will do everything in my power to not fail his expectations," Shivanya said looking into the eye of Kanha who carried a serene smile. "How can I not be with the person who has been with me all my life? Especially when he needs me, " she asked with an air of mystery making everyone wonder and look between the two who had a conversation of their own with their eyes as if trying to read each other's mind.

" So a princess from the future?" Renuka asked now breaking the trance of Krishna and Shivanya.

"It is and honestly is making me nervous. I don't know the 'R' of Royalty," Shivanya pouted diverting the topic to another concern of hers- how to be a princess?

"We are here for that, princess, " Drupad assured his daughter. "Both you and Dhrishtadyumna shall begin your education soon. You will learn everything you have to know. But for now, relax and enjoy your days here," he advised as Shivanya snuggled closer to her father.

"But it's a genuine concern, Pita. I have lived my life like a subject rather than a ruler," Shivanya voiced only to have her father ruffle her hair fondly and pinch her nose.

"Maharaj, sorry to interrupt. But a messenger from Hastinapur has arrived," a soldier informed making Shivanya perk up and the royals look curiously.

"Let him in," Drupad replied curtly.

"Greetings to the royals of Panchal," the messenger from Hastinapur greeted politely and was signalled to relay the message. 

*

The sovereign nation of Kururashtra invites the royals of Southern Panchal to attend the coronation ceremony of Prince Yudhishtir. The ceremony has been scheduled by the knowledgeable priests to be conducted three weeks from now. We humbly request your presence at the occasion to bless the Crown Prince towards his new beginning.