Twelve

Ares, with his fierce countenance, leaned against a pillar, his arms crossed as he looked at the kneeling Trickster God. Freyr, concern etched on his features, stood nearby, his eyes on Thor. Namira sat on one of the chairs with an air of scepticism. Thor took a deep breath before he spoke.

Thor had gathered them to speak on Loki's behalf, but it was clear in that moment they weren't keen to hear about the trickster God.

Thor began, his voice carrying across the chamber, "I come with a tale of treachery and sacrifice. Loki, despite his mischievous ways, has proven himself true in the face of adversity."

Ares scoffed, but Thor's eyes flashed with intensity as he pressed on, "He saw through Aphrodite's deceitful plans against Namira. Loki, in his own cunning manner, kept a watchful eye on her, gathering information to protect us all. Aphrodite's jealousy over your affections, Ares, led her to plot against Namira."

Freyr raised an eyebrow, "Loki protecting others, especially Namira? This seems highly improbable."

Thor nodded solemnly, "I thought so too, but we cannot deny the torture he endured for the sake of justice. Loki was captured, abused, and branded for his efforts. He nearly gave his life to prevent Aphrodite's plans from coming to fruition."

Namira observed Thor closely, her eyes piercing through the uncertainty, "And how do we know Loki is not spinning another web of lies to manipulate us?"

She felt Loki's gaze on her briefly, before he quickly cast his gaze back down to the ground.

Thor sighed softly, nodding, "I understand your scepticism, Namira. Loki's words are often like shifting sands. But I have seen the scars on his body, the agony in his eyes, as have you and Freyr. He risked everything for us, for you if we are able to trust his story."

Freyr stepped forward, his voice calm yet persuasive, "Perhaps we should seek the judgment of Forseti, the God of Justice and Truth. If Loki is sincere, Forseti's insight will reveal the truth."

Thor, sensing the wisdom in Freyr's words, nodded in agreement. No one would simply trust Loki, this was the only way to be sure, "Forseti's judgment is unbiased. If Loki is guilty, we shall know. But if he speaks the truth, we must acknowledge the sacrifices he's made for us."

Ares and Namira exchanged a glance before nodding in reluctant agreement. Thor raised his Mjölnir, and with a resonating boom, summoned Forseti into the hall.

A radiant figure, clad in robes of ethereal light, materialized.

Forseti, with eyes that held the weight of universal knowledge, surveyed the gathering. "Thor, why have you summoned me?" Forseti inquired, his voice carrying an aura of wisdom.

"We seek your judgment on a matter of great importance," Thor replied. "Loki claims he acted out of loyalty, selflessly and with the sole intention to aid us and apparently he's suffered greatly for it, or so he says. We need to know if he speaks the truth, about all of it."

Forseti nodded, acknowledging the gravity of the situation. He turned his attention to Loki, who still knelt in the middle of the chamber with a mix of anxiety and determination.

"Close your eyes, Loki," Forseti commanded. "I shall probe your mind and memories to discern the truth."

The Trickster God didn't want this, to revisit the memories again and have another see, but he understood there was no choice. Loki hesitated for a moment before complying.

Forseti extended his hand, fingers gently touching Loki's forehead.

A surge of divine energy enveloped Loki as Forseti delved into the depths of his mind.