𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟔

Evelia sneaked out of the mansion without the maids noticed and headed to the main street.

'I think it was here.'

While searching for the information guild, recalling the original novel, a child caught her eye.

'Ruth?'

Ruth, who should have been at the Duke's residence by now, was running toward the store.

The speed of the run was so fast that it looked dangerous as if he would fall at any moment.

'It's none of my business.'

By the time Evelia tried to turn her head.

Ruth tripped and fell.

"Young master!"

The nanny ran to him, but the child lay on the floor and didn't move.

'It would be embarrassing.'

Evelia tried to ignore it this time as well. She repeated that she had nothing to do with Ruth.

However, the image of Ruth I had seen yesterday flickered before my eyes. The figure of a child with tears streaming down his eyes as if he were about to cry.

'I can't....'

Even with that thought, Evelia involuntarily moved towards Ruth.

"Young master."

"Lady... Evelia?"

Ruth, who had not raised his head at the voice of his nanny, raised his head at Evelia's voice.

The child swallowed his tears, but his face was already covered with tears.

"The floor is cold. So wake up."

Evelia took Ruth and looked at the child's condition. His knees were exposed beneath the shorts that noble children wore.

She frowned. Then Ruth lowered his head and murmured.

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing, young master?"

"I've caused trouble to Lady Evelia."

Evelia let out a small sigh. Ruth flinched again.

"It's nothing to apologize for. When children run around, they fall and get hurt. Are you okay, by the way?"

"It doesn't hurt."

Lie. Evelia, however, didn't bother to point out that and gave her gaze to the nanny.

"Please return to the Duke's residence and treat Young master."

"All right."

"No!"

Ruth urgently grabbed Evelia's hand.

"I'm... I'm here to buy a present for Lady Evelia. I can't go back until I buy a present!"

The child's face was determined. Evelia was more confused than delighted with the child's words.

'What on earth is he saying?'

She calmly persuaded the child.

"It's okay if you don't give me a present. So hurry in and treat yourself."

"But..."

"I prefer young master to be healthy rather than presents."

Ruth pursed his lips and then shouted.

"Well then, can you come with me? I really want to invite Lady Evelia to tea time this time!"

* * *

'Why am I here?'