𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟓𝟕

"Why?"

Why?

'It would be inconvenient for a rumor to spread that I like cassis.'

Especially if it reaches the ears of the person involved, Cassis.

There's no way Cassis would believe that, but it was embarrassing for him to hear that.

'Because if I make a mistake, I could end up in more trouble.'

How should I reply to this child? Evelia thought for a moment and whispered quietly.

"It's embarrassing."

"Ah!"

Fortunately, Ruth seemed to understand Evelia's words. He laughed lightly and made a sound like the wind.

"Okay, it's a secret."

*****

Is this the result of spending all day with Aria? Ruth is stronger than before he got sick.

Cassis told him to rest a little more, but the child volunteered to practice swordsmanship.

It's time for swordsmanship with Cassis. Ruth smiled the entire time he was being taught by Cassis.

'Eve said she likes my father.'

The child still didn't know the complex circumstances of adults. However, he could sense the awkward and subtle atmosphere that passed between Evelia and Cassis in the beginning.

At this point, he even worried about what he would do if Evelia did not become his stepmother.

But Evelia likes Cassis. He couldn't be happier!

"What are you thinking? Stay focus."

"Yes!"

However, Ruth could not shake thoughts of Evelia despite Cassis' scolding. The smile kept leaking out.

Finally, Cassis, who was looking at Ruth's posture, asked.

"Why do you keep smiling? Is the class boring?"

"No, that's not it!"

While Ruth was trying hard to make an excuse, a thought suddenly passed through his mind.

'Father? What does father think of Eve?'

What if only Eve likes my father, and my father doesn't like Eve?

Ruth, who was worried, finally opened his mouth.

"Father."

"What's going on?"

Ruth became aware that there were knights around and lowered his voice.

"Father, did you like Eve?"

"......?"

Cassis, who was showing how to hold a sword, momentarily lost his posture.

He looked at Ruth, whose eyes were sparkling with anticipation.

"Why are you asking that?"

"Uh...."

"That's not something you can ask your father."

"However!"

In her anger, Ruth forgot that Evelia had told her that it was a secret and shouted.

"Eve said she liked you, father!"

Cassis' posture was disturbed once again. He completely relaxed his posture and wiped his face.

"Young Master!"