𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟗𝟎

"... Yes?"

"I don't like your background, but since you are officially married to him, I can't throw you away. And divorcing you would be a blemish on Cassis."

"......"

Alexandra gestured at Evelia, who was staring blankly at her.

"What are you looking at so intently, sit down."

"Oh, okay."

"Ah yes."

When Evelia sat across from her, she held out a teapot.

"Follow along."

Evelia concentrated and poured black tea into a cup. Alexandra made a groaning sound.

"It's worth it. It seems like Count Venion taught you well."

Didn't you say it was a mess earlier? Evelia barely suppressed the words that rose up to her chin.

"So, it's a love marriage?"

"Yes, it is."

"From what I saw earlier, it seemed like you had definitely captured Cassis's heart. That kid can make that kind of face."

"That kind of a face like that..."

"A fierce face."

"Ah...."

Evelia couldn't figure out what Cassis' 'ferocious face' was.

'But it's definitely become softer than before.'

However... Does Alexandra feel bad about Cassis' softened appearance?

While I was thinking about that, she added.

"Well, that's not bad either. He was too rigid until now."

Evelia now seemed to understand why Cassis did not kick Alexandra away.

"You care about Cassis a lot."

"I do. I cherished him like my grandson. That child and Julia too..."

Alexandra looked out the window with a faint look on her face. Come to think of it, she had no children.

They said she had a son, but he died in an unexpected accident when he was young.

So it seemed like she really cared for Cassis and Julia like her own grandchildren.

"If you care for Ruth like you care for Cassis..."

"So, when are you going to have the heir?"

Alexandra asked, cutting Evelia off.

"Yes?"

"If you're pretty, your children will be pretty too. Wouldn't Cassis like your child more than Ruth?"

"That means...."

"I can't recognize that child, Ruth, as Adelhard's successor."

At that moment, Evelia got angry and fought back.

"No matter what anyone says, Adelhard's successor is Ruth. Even if I give birth to a son, that won't change."

In the first place, the possibility of a child being born between Cassis and Evelia was low. Wasn't the marriage contract made with those conditions from the beginning?

However, even if the two got along well and had a child, Evelia had no intention of rejecting Ruth as successor.

But Alexandra had other thoughts.

"Do you want me to see a lowly child who doesn't even know what she's doing become Adelhard's successor?"

"Please be careful what you say, great aunt. The child might hear it."