𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟖𝟕

"Mom, Mom!"

Ruth was very excited. He seemed intent on showing Evelia, who was visiting the Duchy of Adelhard for the first time, a tour around the place.

Evelia headed to the greenhouse in the garden with Ruth.

"There are a lot of flowers here!"

As Ruth said, unlike the cold outside, flowers were still blooming in the warm greenhouse.

Ruth rushed over and picked a flower. It was a pink flower that resembled the color of Evelia's hair.

"Mom, this!"

"Are you giving it to mom?"

"Yes! Haha."

Ruth stretched his hands up to the sky. Evelia realized the child's purpose and bowed.

When their eyes were at similar level, Ruth placed a flower in her ear.

"You are pretty!"

"Thank you."

Evelia suddenly remembered something and whispered it in Ruth's ear.

"Give them to your dad, too."

Ruth was puzzled.

"Oh, for Daddy too?"

Evelia smiled somewhat mischievously.

"Yes. Put it in Dad's ears too."

"Yes...."

Ruth hesitated and wiggled his fingers. Then he nodded his head with a stern face and ran away.

This time Ruth picked a white flower and hesitantly approached Cassis.

"......?"

"Uh, father."

"What's going on?"

Evelia looked at him and strengthened her eyes.

'Try speaking a little more kindly.'

As she mumbled, Cassis cleared his throat.

"What... happen?"

It was a similar yet slightly different voice from before. Evelia wanted to praise his efforts.

"I want to give this to father."

Cassis stretched out his hand. Ruth whined.

Evelia, who saw that, added a word.

"Bend down a little."

"Like this... You mean?"

Cassis bowed.

"Yes. Like that. Come on, Ruth."

Ruth, receiving Evelia's signal, placed a flower in Cassis' ear. The black hair contrasted with the white flowers.

Cassis leaned back in embarrassment. Ruth fidgeted with his hands, not knowing what to do.

Evelia, looking at the two, burst out laughing. Her sonorous laughter echoed throughout the greenhouse.

"Wife."

"Mom!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I just thought it looked nice."

Evelia muttered, wiping away the tears from the corners of her eyes.

"It's really nice to see."

She approached the two and stretched out her arms. Ruth stepped into her arms, Cassis hugged them both.

The scenery was warmer than a warm greenhouse.

*****

"Mom Mom! Can I invite Aria?"