Forest of Hunters

Sorry to update this chapter again, but I added too much info on some of the characters. 

Any characters mentioned or eluded to are not mine and are the creators properties. I'm just using them.  

We reached a dense forest at a mountain base, I dove down to the edge of the forest. Changed in mid-air and landed gracefully on the grass. 

The thud behind me signaled that Cole had failed his attempt at mid-air transformation landing or MATL for short. "That is so much harder than it looks," He complained softly for Bekura's ears. 

"It's all about balancing with your body with your tail like a cat or stabilizing your body with your wings like a bird." Bekura explained. 

"I'll try that next time," Cole promised, smile in his distorted voice. 

"Ok," I turned to face them, "We have to head into the center of the forest to meet them," 

"What!" Cole interrupted before going to a quieter voice, "Why can't we just fly to the center of the forest and land there?" He questioned, confused. 

Bekura explained simply, "The forest is too thick for us to fly in." 

"You could fly in though," I told him, "If you used the Ghost Element you could just go through the trees and into the forest." He stared at me for a minute, "You forgot about that, didn't you?" I asked the dual Element.  

He nodded. 

"Ok boys," Bekura interjected. "As much as I would love to stand here and talk for hours, we are on mission. And I'd rather not be out hear after dark." 

"Yes, yes, were going," I complained, playfully. 

 I entered first, Bekura following and Cole heading up the back. The tall trees weaved about in a small pathway, thick trunk crossing above and along the path. Thick leaves and flowers surrounded the trees. The moment I stepped into the shade the whole atmosphere changed. The inviting, calm forest became filled with shadows and looming presences. Creatures lounged in the trees, some known, some completely other. 

An hour of walking and being startled by every noise we stopped for a small break. As we were about to continue, Bekura signaled to stop. Cole, not knowing what it meant sent a questioning look in xyr direction. 

'That means stop,' Xe mentally sent in his direction, 'Something is out there.' 

A trunk a few feet ahead and two and a half metres in the air held two creature figures. Both dropped down ahead of us. The first, an unnaturally tall black panther with brown eyes. The other had the same unnatural height, with both standing over a metre at the shoulder. The second was a black wolf with icy blue eyes and black wings with blue undertones like a crow. 

The arrival of the two creatures set us into battle stances. The winged wolf stepped forwards a few steps, it tipped it's head to the side before turning and sending out a rumble to the panther. The panther let out a low rumble and swift nod back to the wolf, who faced us again. 

In a quick half transformation both became half human. The panther, a young girl, maybe ten. She had tawny brown shoulder length hair, dark brown eyes and an energetic air. She wore a green sweatshirt and jeans. Panther front and back paws were in place of her hands and feet, her tail twitched in excitement, along with her dark panther ears. The winged wolf became a teenager of about seventeen. They had black hair cut in a mullet with bangs, their ears gone from the sides of their head and wolf ears replaced them on their head. They wore black jeans and dark green hoodie with glowing yellow eyes. Like the panther girl they had wolf paws and tail and crow wings. Their icy blue eyes held curiosity.