TWO

Shindara and Fade sat down in Shindara's home. Fade couldn't help but think about how this could have been her life. Being married to Lolu and raising kids together.

At least she knew they'd be raising one of not two kids already. She knew she wasn't going to settle for being his side chick forever. The promise he made to her, to eventually come to her was what kept her going.

"I was just in my feelings jare oremi, you know once it's late like this, one tends to think about many things". Fade lied and Shindara bought it.

"Sebi your own is just you being in your feelings. For me, it is Lolu ooo, I think he is cheating". Shindara told her.

Fade's body froze for a second before she let her head speak to her. What if he was cheating, she deserved it na.

"Ehn, what's now my own". Fade replied, not hiding the fact that she didn't care. Shindara's face fell. She knew what this was about.

"Fade! Really? I thought we were over this". Shindara said. It's been years already, when would she come to accept reality?

"Babe abeg! If your husband is cheating talk to him. What's my own that you are telling me?" Fade asked rhetorically, not hiding any emotions.

She said it just as it was in her head!

Forgiveness? That wasn't an option. She would never ever buy Shindara's story of not knowing Lolu was Fade's Lolu when she went and got pregnant by him and married him.

"Wo, me I'm going to work. Some of us are not full house wives, we actually do work". Fade told her and immediately picked up her bag to leave.

Standing up with her, Shindara wasn't sure if she was pissed or just truly had to leave. She awkwardly walked her to the door.

"I'll call you later then". Shindara said as she waved her goodbye.

With a huge sigh, she went back and slowly sat down, thinking about her life.

~~~~~~
Fade on the other hand, resumed work with her office desk having a heap of files for approval. Follower her in was the head graphics designer who needed her approval on the new graphics for an ad, and if it could be posted on the site.

Left handed Fade grabbed the mouse with her left hand, checking the design that was sent to her. After zooming in and out, throughly examining with a skeptical face, she finally nodded.

The man stood in front of her nervously. What if she said no? A lot of why ifs in his head.

"This is good". Fade finally told him, looking up at him with a smile.

With a huge smile, he replied "Thank you ma'am". Having to start going over the design scared him. It took a lot of heads and time to finally make that.

"Get it posted on the site, the main page!" Fade instructed to which he nodded and left.

Sighing at the heap of files, she began going through them one after another, slowly but surely.

Some she signed, some she set aside for minor corrections, and some she flung in anger. Some workers just do shit and expect to get paid at the end of the month.

After such a long day, she stopped to get herself a plate of amala, gbegiri and ewedu with two ogunge, a beef and two pomo. Truth is, you only live once.

Once she got home, she pulled all her clothes, including her bra, leaving her in just her panties. She lived alone after all and all she needed to focus on at the moment was devouring that amala.

She was sweating like a Christmas goat when she was done and had to take a shower. After her shower, she balanced to watched a movie when she heard a knock followed by Lolu entering the house.

Her entire night got even better just by looking at him. She loved him, loved him so much.

"Babe". She said smiling as he strode over to where she sat and planted a kiss on her cheek.

Looking at the time, it was just 7:39pm. That was quite early for Lolu.

"You are quite early". She stared.

"Yeah, there wasn't much to do today". He told her, getting seated beside her. She smiled as she later her head on his legs.

"Nice... It's even better so you will get home early today cos your madam don dey suspect you". She told him.

He scoffed, unbothered. All that concerned him was news getting out that he cheated with Fade. He really didn't want her name in the mud.

"That's her business jare! I just want to have fun with you without thinking about her". He responded and Fade smiled.

They spent the major part of the night watching Sharper, an American movie. Fade wouldn't stop chanting "That serves her right!"

"Everyone gets what they deserve in the end". Lolu told her. Planted a kiss on her forehead and added. "I have to leave".

"Now now? Are you whyning me ni? When did you reach that you want to start going?" Fade asked raising her head from his legs where it had been all along.

It was just 9:47 pm.

"Babe, I promise you the whole of tomorrow". Lolu told her and with a sad smile, she finally let him go.

As he got up to leave, she saw a message pop on her WhatsApp. A wedding invite of Chike.

"Choke is getting married keh!" She said in shock before bursting into laughter. "This is good". She added, still laughing.

"Who is Chike?" Lolu asked.

"Just a mutual friend of Shindara and I jare... Let me walk you to the door". She replied.

~~~~~~~
Back at Lolu's house, Shindara was in the living room crying. She had no one to call to tell her pain to, she just had to keep it inside of her.

As she heard the door open, she wiped her eyes immediately. She didn't want to spend the night watching him act like a caring husband that he wasn't.

"Madam! I'm back, fix dinner". Lolu said as he walked in.

In a very foul mood already, Shindara shot back at him. "No food, boya you should go to your whore's house to eat". She replied.

Without saying yet another word, Lolu turned around and left the house.

"Ah, these men! It is God that will punish them". Shindara cried out.