TWELVE

SHINDARA

The wedding planning was now in full swing, it was just two days to the wedding now. Basically everything was ready, I would soon be going to Lolu's house as his wife. It was now time for the next plan of my revenge.

I called Fadekemi, as the phone rang I just kept smiling because, she really wouldn't know what hit her. It was just a few days ago she told me she was planning on returning to Nigeria with her son and I didn't tell her a thing. It was going to be the biggest surprise of all time.

She finally picked up.

"Nawa ooo, so you didn't want to pick before abi". I complained as she took too long to pick up.

"No vex oremi. Wassup na". She replied.

I could hear underground noise and then she shouted "Sit right there Malcolm". I smiled, she and her son! It's a pity for them sha.

"My dear, yours truly is getting married next tomorrow!!!!!" I sang to her ears happily.

There was a brief silence before she said "No for real, be serious".

Lol... How serious can I get again!

"It's true, so find a way and come because you are the chief bridesmaid". I told her firmly.

"You must be sick! Me I'm jobless abi that I will just carry bag and start coming. Boya you should find someone else, definitely not me". She replied. I could tell she was pissed and that was the goal.

Emi ika

T: Me the wicked one.

"Fadekemi, haba na... It was just this week we started planning, Walahi everything choke. Jor na". I pleaded with her and silently laughed at my expertise at this pretence thing.

"Ah, Dara won din shin shin lori e". She said, referring to my old nickname.

T: They are frying chin chin on your head.

"And who are you marrying? Chike?" She asked.

I had told her about Chike and I and it was only natural she believed it was him. Chike keh, you dunno nothing bitch.

"No! It is another person".

"Ah, Shindara!" She shouted.

"Are you coming or not?" I asked her, not interested in all the long talks.

Well, that was gone. I had to do a lot of things and finally, the day was here. I sat looking pretty in the bride's room where everyone had been coming to greet me.

Most said I looked pretty, some praised my husband's looks. Even Fadekemi's mom was here. Finally she herself got here.

She was wearing a blue, strapless corset which flowed beautifully. I won't lie, she was so fine, so fine you might start to think she was the bride. The dress had some silver stone as designs. No one would miss the silver necklace she wore, they looked like they cost a fortune and she wore a matching set of the necklace, earring and bracelet. Her heels, wo... She was sha fine but she wasn't smiling.

I laughed! She has seen it.

She stormed into the room whose door was open, I had to tell the ladies in the room to give us a moment and they did.

"Sho ya werey ni, won ba mi Lori e. What exactly is your problem, you this woman?" She paused and had her mouth open, looking left and right in search of nothing.

T: Insults.

"Are you even a friend? You went ahead and.... Wait, Lolu... My own Lolu!" She went on and on.

"Abeggi, my own Lolu". I mimicked mockingly. "Did they write your name on his head? Well, he is now my own husband!" I spelt it out to her.

"After I have a child for him"

"Well, me I'm carrying his child"

"Oyun yen deh ma jabo ni! Yes! You won't have this useless thing you carry in your stomach. You are just shameless. Better start finding a new bridesmaid ". She told me.

T: That pregnancy will spoil (a miscarriage).

Well I had other plans before, I knew she wouldn't do it. Out of anger, she poured the wine I was drinking on me, staining my wedding dress. I just sat there with my mouth wide open, that I wasn't expecting.

"Have your wedding darling! Wishing you a miserable married life". She added.

It took about an hour to rent a new dress, the guests were already complaining in the hall as the groom stood waiting for me. It was just a minor issue sha because, eventually, the wedding went on.

Later at night, I sat in bed, dressed in a sexy red night dress but all Lolu did was chat away. Pretending to be a pained bride, I said "it's our wedding night, you won't even spare me a glance".

He looked at me and scoffed! "Like you didn't know I married you cos of the child". He said emotionless. Fadekemi's words came to my head that my marriage was going to be miserable. I smiled.

Gives me enough reason to divorce sooner, except we haven't even registered the marriage sef and I hoped it remained like that.

"Just sleep and stop expecting anything". He told me, focusing back on his phone. I just slept, ignoring him completely.

The next morning, I called Fadekemi to apologize but in truth, I wanted to know if she was still in Nigeria.

"Hello!" She finally picked up after several calls.

"Ah Fadekemi, shey you are now vexing for me ni?". I asked her.

T: Are you now mad at me?

"What do you want?" She asked sharply.

I smiled where I was knowing she was pained.

"Where are you? Let's see and talk". I asked her.

"I'm on my way to the airport, so I guess no can do". She replied.

"Let me know when next you come to Nigeria! Then we can talk". I told her but that was it, she didn't respond and just ended the call.

I laughed and laughed! But eventually, I decided to calm and enjoy this luxury while it lasted. Of course, my "husband" had left home early morning for "work" but in truth, he was avoiding me, so I also did what the women do. I went shopping.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
What did you think of Shindara on this chapter? Yes, the flashbacks are not written in details, I know. After all, they are just flashbacks.

If you were Fadekemi, what would you have done? Do you think this justified Fadekemi coming back to have an affair with Lolu?