TEN

SHINDARA

It's been three years since Fadekemi left for the US, I still haven't gotten over everything she did. For the past eight years since Francis, I've been thinking of ways to get back to her.

Three years ago when she told me she was pregnant and I advised her to go far, I never knew she'd really go as far as the US. Lucky her! If not for her father that made us go bankrupt, we'd be equally rich. There were so many things to get back to her for.

As I sat at the bar expecting Chike, my boyfriend who was running late, I checked the time on my watch and it was past 10pm. Out of anger, I got up, not willing to wait any longer.

On my way out, I caught sight of someone familiar! "Is that not Fade's Lolu?" I asked myself as I moved closer.

"Ehn, oun na ni". I said and smiled.

T: It really is him.

I didn't know how that evil thought came to my mind but I just found myself approaching him.

"Hi, good evening". I said as I got to his table.

He looked a mess, on his table were about 8 bottles of flying fish. Was he planning on killing himself? I sighed as I took the seat opposite him on the table.

"Do I know you?" He asked, slurring. He really was drunk!

"I don't think so". I said, carefully observing him.

He wasn't just drunk, he looked sad, like he was drinking out of sadness and pain. It made me wonder what turned him into this. We met once in passing while he was still fooling around with Fade, he used to be so full of life. It was quite surprising to see him all messed up.

He raised his hand which danced in the air as he wasn't balanced. The waiter came towards us immediately and he said

"A drink for the lady". I smiled at how cute he looked. Guess this was why Fadekemi fell for him.

"Smirnoff ice please". I told the waiter who nodded and left. Turning to Lolu, I smiled.

"Care to tell me why you are so drunk?" I asked him. He smiled sadly!

"Have you ever been in love?" He asked me and I nodded. Ofcourse! And I had my first love stolen by my so called best friend.

He went on talking about  Fade while my drink came and I started drinking. He talked about how much he loved her and how stupid he was not to have told her. How broken he was when she left three years ago and cut contact with him.

"But three years, that's long enough to move on". I told him and he laughed. His laughter seemed quite mocking.

"I love her! I didn't say loved. I met a friend today and she asked if her, it brought back the memories". He told me and I nodded, understand.

"Let me drive you home". I told him but he shook his head.

"I'd order a ride". He told me but I said no.

"It's not safe, let me help you, I insist". I said firmly.

He gave me his address and soon we were on our way to his house. I helped him to his room and laid him in bed but I had one lingering question.

"Would you have stopped her back then if she told you she wanted to leave? Would you have finally told her you loved her?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"I stupidly wouldn't. I'd only realize it once she leaves". He replied.

"Even if she was carrying your baby?" I asked him.

"Then I'd have even married her right away. Hell, I'd marry a stranger carrying my baby so why not a woman I love!" He replied.

Did he just say a stranger? My brain started calculating. What if this was my one way of getting back at her? What's better than stealing the man she was in love with. I smiled wickedly as I bent towards him and kissed him.

"You are good man". I told him and he smiled, his eyes closing.

I went in for the kiss again and his drunk sef got engrossed in it. I haven't seen a man insanely drunk make the moves he made that night. As the kiss got heated, he flipped me over as if he had immediately gotten sober. The quickness in undressing me, I was shocked as though he wasn't the man who was drunk and staggering.

It was that night I realized what that bitch had been enjoying all through her university. Chike tried but he couldn't beat this! I couldn't even make it home and happened to sleep in. Well, what better way to prove what we had, in case he forgot. He just fell off me once he was done and slept off immediately.

The next morning, I was jilted awake by him, he seemed confused.

"Who are you?" He asked me, confused.

I scoffed! Did he really forget? I commended myself for sleeping in, that's how I would have slept with him for nothing. Well, the sex was great, so it would have been for nothing but still....

"You don't remember? How you were fucking me last night. Omoh, you must have been really drunk". I said staring directly in his eyes.

For some reason, he looked even more handsome that morning. He had matured better than years ago, just look at those abs.

"Ah, I don fuck up!" He muttered but I heard. I simply rolled my eyes, plan worked, he didn't know anything! He was hooked.

"Did we use a condom?" He asked, worried and I laughed!

"Dude no! You felt so good erupting inside me, I can't believe you don't remember". I told him and he scoffed.

He scoffed! Scoffed at me! Bobo yi ni pride.

"I guess it was just forgettable, maybe it wasn't that good". He told me, getting dressed.

I couldn't believe the nerves! My mouth just hung open, not knowing what to tell him. Shey he was whyning me ni!

"Oh, please use a plan b". He told me, dropping some cash in the bed and left the room.

I watched his retreating behind as the door slam behind him. It was even more annoying, was he giving me money like I was some hookup babe or something?

"Olorun bobo yi ya werey". I said as I picked the money and counted it.

T: I swear, this guy is mad.

"20k! So if na hookup na this shit he go give am". I said laughing and dumped his money on his bed. I got dressed and left his room. I was hoping I'd see him once I got downstairs but he wasn't there, so I just left the house.

T: So if it was a sex worker, he'd give her this shit.