Chapter 3

"Why don't you stop playing that song?" Boss complained when he heard the song again. It haunted him up to this day. It had been three days since the incident of Noeul's burnt apartment. Even though he looked like he's nonchalant about it, he read news about the progress of the tragedy. He was relieved to know that most residents agreed to evacuate for repair. It would not be a hassle because it was likely that most residents had other property that they could lie upon.

What happened to Noeul? He wanted to know but he knew it would cause another resentment and regret so he ignored his curiosity.

It's okay if you forget me.

I don't feel empty now that you're gone.

Does that mean it meant nothing at all?

Bullshit.

He entered the rest room for the men. No one was there yet, maybe they were training outside. Boss didn't have the energy to train yet, it was still early. He would approach the climbing wall later when his mood returns.

There was a party at the parking lot. He could hear his friends gathered around and chatting loudly.

There was a party at the parking lot. He could hear his friends gathered around and chatting loudly. There was a huge cake put on a table in the middle of the training ground.

"What is this?"

"A nice gratitude," his colleague, Net replied. Boss returned his smile. It's not a rare occasion for firefighters like them but it was still a breath of fresh air.

"Who gave it?"

"Me." Boss turned to see the familiar face, appeared behind Net. He almost jumped for the shock of it but remained rooted on the ground. It was Noeul, and he's here – invading his personal space at work!

"What are you doing here?"

"Visiting you brave firefighters," Noeul replied playfully, his eyes doted on Boss then Net. Net smirked, a subtle blush seemed to appear on his cheeks. Boss rolled his eyes and gestured his thumb towards the building.

"I'm just going to go..." Boss didn't wait for Noeul's reaction. If they wanted to party, then carry on without him. He's not going to entertain Noeul throwing a gratitude party for them. He's going to pass the cake, obviously.

"Boss!" Noeul cried out. He's going to pretend like he didn't hear him. "Wait, please...!" Boss quickened his pace and entered the building to the rest area. Noeul followed him in. "You're not allowed here,"

"Listen to me,"

"Nothing to be discussed here, civilians are not allowed in employees' lounge,"

"Boss," Boss shook his head, feeling a bit light headed.

"Why don't you go outside, because this is not the place you're supposed to be,"

"Are you still mad at me?" Noeul stopped right in front of him, making the taller man almost gasped. He looked down at Noeul, gazing at his ethereal features and he had this strong urge to touch that face, caress that cheek and...kiss those lips.

Boss closed his eyes. He couldn't be imagining things right now, Noeul was there right in front of him.

"I'm asking politely for you to leave,"

"No."

"Then, I'm leaving," Boss hastened towards the other side of the building. He didn't want Noeul here, he's glad that Noeul's in a perfect shape after the incident but other than that he didn't want to have anything to do with Noeul. He walked out again to the place where the party was and saw Net who indulged himself with the cake.