Chapter 6 (M)

Boss just woken up from his slumber when he felt Noeul shifted in his bed. He brought Noeul to the emergency department, knowing damn well that Noeul had a concussion. He knew the basic of it; people with concussion need to be closely observed for the next 24 to 48 hours for manifestations of worst-case scenario if it ever happens. The first 6 hours of event was the most crucial, so Boss wanted to waste no time.

When he arrived at the local hospital, Noeul was still unconscious. He panicked when Noeul was unresponsive. Everything was quite a blur, but he managed to tell the history and keep the reasons why he had an accidental fall on Noeul secret. He followed Noeul's doctor to the observation room after they did a CT scan on him, and told him it's normal and they only going to keep him for a while in there before discharging him home. Boss thanked the doctor and promised the doctor that he would keep an eye on Noeul.

Noeul opened his eyes to see Boss sat beside him.

"What happened?"

"You passed out," Noeul rubbed the back of his head, it still hurts but better now. There was a small bump but that's it. "The doctor said you can go home as soon as you woke up. It's been 6 hours after the incident,"

"Can I go home in this state?" Boss nodded. Noeul put his face in his palms, whimpering. "Now where should I go?"

"Don't you have any other home?"

"No," Noeul stammered. "I don't have any where to go, my only home is wrecked."

"You've been living at a hotel up until now?" Noeul nodded.

"I don't have any friends who's kind enough to let me crash, my manager is away for a honeymoon," Boss didn't need to ask where his parents were because he knew they resided in Korea. There's no way Noeul would return to Korea just because a concussion.

"Did you tell your parents about the fire?"

"No."

"Why?"

"I don't want them to worry," Boss sighed. Noeul worried about others more than he's worried about himself. They stayed in silence, Boss had the solution at the back of his mind but he would called himself crazy if he say it out loud. But he couldn't let Noeul find a hotel room and stayed all by himself. What if something did happen? The doctor told him concussion might lead to bleeding in the brain, even when the initial imaging was normal. That's why it's important to be with someone who can be an observer.

"Fine."

"What?"

"I'll let you stay in my house," Noeul's eyes widened. He didn't expect Boss to suggest it. He expected Boss to abandon him. "But only for one night or two, just until you're okay enough... on your own," Boss shrugged. "It's partially my fault too,"

"Oh...okay,"

"Don't say anything because I might change my mind," Boss warned, making Noeul beamed. Boss was mesmerized with the smile, because it had been a while.

"The house is quite messy," Boss was living in a two-storey house where he only occupied the first floor. The landlady lived on the ground floor, and he had a different staircase and door to enter his own floor. The kind landlady was an elderly widow who stayed alone after all her children moved out into adulthood. Boss met her during him wandering around the market to find a new house to rent after he moved out of Noeul's house.

Noeul trailed behind him and was quite in awe for what Boss called messy. There was only an abandoned shirt most probably on the floor due to him prepping up for work. Boss picked it up and threw it into the basket near the bathroom. Noeul looked around to figure it had only one bedroom, one couch and a small kitchen. The set up of the house was quite cosy and simple.