Blast

Hazel Michelson

Eve and I went to the kitchen!! to bake cake.

"I think we should search for something on the internet. What's say?" I said to Eve.

"Yeah, let me bring my iPad. Just wait here. I will come back in two minutes.". Eve said this and ran upstairs towards her room.

I went inside the kitchen, where Marina was already cooking something.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked her. When she was putting some chicken on the stove,.

"Madam, I am making soup for William, sir," she replied.

"I will make a soup for him.". I said immediately. I do not know why, but I like to do everything.

"Madam, you?" she gasped in horror.

"What do you mean? Can't I make a simple soup?" I snapped.

"No, madam, you can do it absolutely." She immediately replied when she looked angry in my eyes.

"Now you will guide me, and I will do all the work," I ordered her.

"Yeah, madam, sure," she replied.

"Now tell me what soup you are making"? I asked her.

"Mam, I am making chicken corn soup for the sir," she replied and further stated

"And now I have to put this chicken in the pressure cooker and put it in the stove. After it gets steamed, I will add the spices and corn in it. But first we have to cook the chicken". She told me all the process. And it was not rocket science. It was very simple to do.

"Okay, I will do it." With that, I poured some water into the cooker, and then I added chicken to the cooker. But I was not able to close its lid. So I looked toward Marina to do it.

She closed the lid, and then I asked her.

"What do we have to do next?" I asked her.

"Mam, we need to chop these carrots and green onions then after the chicken got cooked, we will add spices and all these things in it." She told me.

"kay Marina I am good with knives; just show me how to chop them, and I will do it". I told her.

Then she first peeled the onion and carrot, then chopped them into small pieces. And I observed very closely. It was an easy thing to do. I can cut a man with my knives. These are just poor vegetables. I can do that easily.

So I took the knife from Marina and said to her,.

"You should go now, Marina I will do the remaining part. I understood the procedure well," I said and asked her to leave.

She turned to leave but then stood at the kitchen door. When I looked upward, I still saw her standing there, so I yelled because I hate to repeat myself.

"Why are you still here?" I yelled.

it?"Mam Are you sure you can do it?" she asked with hesitation. And I can see in her eyes that she is scared of me.

"Yeah, I can handle myself and everything. Now get out.". I snapped, and she quickly ran out of the door.

I took the carrot in my hand and started peeling it off. After peeling it, I put it on the cutting board and started cutting it like Marina showed me. I was an expert in knife fighting, but Marina was cutting it better than me. She was cutting them all the same size. In my cutting, some carrot pieces were large and some were small. Actually, all the sizes—small, medium, large, and extra large—were present there. I took a deep sigh and relaxed myself by telling myself that there are a variety of sizes in my cutting. William will like it. After cutting carrots,. I peeled off the onion. And god hell, they burned my eyes. Tears started running out of my eyes. I quickly washed my eyes in the wash basin. Then I cleaned them with tissue. Bloody Onions. For a moment, I thought to skip them, but then I thought that I should give them a second try. I again picked them up and started chopping them. My eyes were burning, and my nose was also running, but I continued. I chopped half of them, but I left the remaining. Oh god, I should throw these onions into hell. I thought by clearing my teary eyes.