20. An unbreakable statue with a broken heart

"I like you Jeongguk

"I like you Jeongguk... Will you go out with me? " Those words perfectly acted like a hammer to my glass like heart.

"Huh?" I hear Jeongguk say.

"I have had these feelings for you Jeongguk for quite some time now... You are literally so handsome, so perfect and very very sweet... I just can't help but like you... So will you go out with me?"
I wish I had this much courage in me. I can literally feel my heart shatter into invisible pieces and fall on the ground. How should I collect them back? Their pointed edges are causing so much pain that tears well up in my eyes. I control them as I feel Jimin's hand engulfing mine.

Please say no
Please say no
Please say no

I pray in my head. But who am I kidding? Obviously Jeongguk will say yes. Because look at Chaeyoung, she is literally so pretty and flawless, not at all bitchy that I can hate her even a bit. And I know my hunch never goes wrong....

But is it my fault that I live in delusion and have a tiny bit of hope in me, that he will reject her... I see Jeongguk looking at her first then opening his mouth to say something but Yoongi hyung parks his car in front of us, stopping him.

"Uh... you can reply me after taking your time... I will wait. Byee" Chaeyoung says smiling shyly, realizing that we were also standing there, before turning and walking away.

"What happened? Why are you guys frozen on your spots?" Yoongi hyung asks coming out of his car. Frozen. Yes that's what I feel like right now. I don't want to move and bear the pain of being the witness of what's gonna happen ahead. I just want to stay right there on my spot, until dust collects on my hair and I become an unbreakable statue with a broken heart...

"Nothing... come on let's go home" Jimin says before going and putting his luggage in the car.

I gulp when Jeongguk turns around and looks at me. I just hope I don't seem like I was about to cry any moment because I was feeling like it... Whatever, sadness was clearly visible on my face and I can do nothing about it, but make an excuse, like always.

"I- I am so tired... I will just straightaway go to s-sleep upon reaching home" I say avoiding his eyes and chuckling despondently before getting in the car.

Jeongguk didn't say no to her which means there's a chance he will say yes. And who in their right mind would say no to such proposal? I mean they both have same interests, same nature, and they will look perfect together. She has everything one could ask in a partner. Why would Jeongguk say no then?

My hands form into a tight fist thinking about that... Both my head and heart were aching like hell. I know now... no one teaches you what to do when a good man breaks your heart unknowingly...

Throughout the whole ride, I just look outside the window so that no one would notice how I was trying so hard to control my tears. And Jeongguk was right there sitting beside me... also silent. Is he thinking of ways to propose to her?