twelve.

WAITING AROUND for something worthwhile to happen was tiring, even boring even

WAITING AROUND for something worthwhile to happen was tiring, even boring even. After the bloodbath, the tributes stayed hidden in their spots, afraid of the fate they might meet outside of their safe zones.

Considering the hours that have passed, a few mentors have resorted to seeking refuge in the comfort of their own homes. With dinner time nearing, mentors and students alike returned home to have a meal with their loving families. However, this wasn't the case for Vienna, who was still adamant about ignoring her ruthless parents.

Instead, she found herself wandering the town, searching for any sign of Sejanus. Vienna stopped by Sejanus's home, nervously knocking on his door, only to be met with his Ma. She told the younger girl that Sejanus came home only to leave again and hasn't returned since.

Determined, she set out to find him, navigating the deserted streets in search of any clue on his whereabouts. After what had happened earlier in the day, there was no way he was okay, and Vienna wanted to make sure he hadn't done anything stupid.

Vienna spent the hours she was meant to be eating, looking all around town for her newly considered friend. Her concern grew with every empty street; the thought of him being in trouble scared her, and she didn't know why. The lingering effects of Treech's influence added an emotional layer, heightening her anxiety as she tirelessly searched for any trace of Sejanus.

Without any luck, Vienna made her way back to the dreaded auditorium. The auditorium, bathed in dim lighting, seemed eerily quiet as Vienna stepped inside. As she moved to the stairs of the room, her footsteps echoed in the vast emptiness, stopping before she walked down the steps. The rows of seats once filled with mentors and students now stood vacant.

Vienna's eyes darted around, hoping to see anyone she could talk to. Catching a glimpse of Coriolanus, a conflicted expression crossed her face, torn between the urgency of finding Sejanus and the reluctance to engage with Coriolanus. He was closer to Sejanus than anyone she knew, so she guessed he would have to do.

Summoning her determination, she descended the steps, her footsteps echoing through the quiet space. "Coriolanus, have you seen Seja-" Vienna started to speak, her tone firm. However, she was caught off guard. Dr. Gaul stood towering over Coriolanus, who sat slouched in his chair.

"What's going on? Why is Sejanus in the arena?" She asked, walking close enough to see the Plinth boy on the screen, kneeling by his dead tribute.

Dr. Gaul looked up at the sound of the girl, putting on her infamous evil smile. "Nice of you to join us—quite perfect, really." Dr. Gaul reached out for Vienna, placing a hand on the younger girl's shoulder before continuing. "I was just talking to your friend, Coriolanus, here about a task I need him to complete. I think you would be a perfect partner."