thirteen.

THE PACK was hot on their tail, and the faster the pack ran, the harder Coriolanus dragged Vienna and Sejanus away, screaming for the peacekeepers to open the gate

THE PACK was hot on their tail, and the faster the pack ran, the harder Coriolanus dragged Vienna and Sejanus away, screaming for the peacekeepers to open the gate. Just as he pushed the three of them past, the gate closed, blocking Coral's trident from harming them.

The three mentors were mere seconds away from meeting the wrath of the pack, and god knows how that would've gone down. Groans and whimpers were heard coming from both sides. The pack, furious they missed their chance, and Sejanus, who lay in pain on the ground.

Coral smashed her trident against the iron bars angrily, directing her frustration at Coriolanus, who simply stared in response. Vienna, caught in the emotional turmoil, paid little attention to their exchange. Her focus remained unwaveringly fixed on Treech. Their eyes locked, momentarily forgetting the surrounding chaos.

As Coral and the rest of the pack departed, Treech stayed behind, determined to speak with Vienna. The once violent facade he had worn dissolved, revealing the real Treech that Vienna knew. Treech's mind was like a wildfire; seeing Vienna fired up so many questions in his mind.

Without a word, Vienna approached Treech cautiously, the lingering tension from the night at the zoo palpable between them. Treech, still caught in the whirlwind of his own thoughts, found himself in Vienna's presence. The air was thick with unspoken emotions as they silently stared through the bars, waiting for each other to speak up.

"Hey, Butterfly," Treech spoke hesitantly, having no idea how the girl felt about him in the moment.

Vienna looked at Treech, her eyes softening at the nickname. "Hi," she responded, a hint of warmth in her voice. The air seemed to lighten at the exchange, as if everything was better when the two were together.

Treech looked at Vienna with regret in his eyes. "I... I'm sorry for how I acted. It wasn't fair to you," he confessed.

"It's okay, Treech. Things were intense, and we were both caught up in all the chaos," she replied, understanding evident in her eyes.

"Still, I had no reason to throw the bracelet," he admitted, his voice laced with sorrow as he looked at Vienna.

Vienna's eyes flickered at the bracelet on her wrist, a subtle reminder of the dreadful night at the Capitol Zoo. The silver chain glinted under the dim light, and she felt a pang of guilt. Immediately, she began to unclasp the bracelet, intending to return it to Treech, its rightful owner.

Seeing her actions, Treech gently stopped her. "No, Butterfly," he said, placing the bracelet back in her hand. "Keep it; it was yours in the first place."

Vienna hesitated, the bracelet dangling in her hand. "I gave it to you for a reason—so we both have something to symbolize our freedom."

A soft smile formed on Treech's lips. "I want you to keep it as a reminder of me—of us and the love we found in the chaotic times." He hesitated before speaking up again. "If I don't make it out, I want you to remember me."

I bet on losing dogs , treechOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara