seventeen.

THE ARENA and auditorium were both enveloped in a hushed stillness

THE ARENA and auditorium were both enveloped in a hushed stillness. After the hunt from the pack, the remaining tributes decided to stay hidden, afraid they would meet the same fate as Lamina and Tanner.

With the labyrinthine tunnels, the pack, having lost Wovey, conceded defeat and retreated. Seeking refuge in the depths of the tunnels, they took the opportunity to meticulously plan their next moves.

The silence within the auditorium left Vienna to wander in her thoughts, and for once in her eighteen years of life, her parent's attention wasn't on her. Lucky had journeyed over to the two older Hawthorne's, leaving them distracted, and allowing Vienna to mourn in peace.

Lamina's death was painful to witness. The valiant struggle the quiet girl put up against the overwhelming odds was evident. Everyone knew she didn't stand a chance against Coral and Mizzen—her death was inevitable. Nevertheless, Vienna wondered what it would take to change the outcome. Maybe if she wasn't alone, or rather it was one-on-one, Lamina's fate would be different.

Treech's visible reaction on camera mirrored the desolation and sorrow that gripped Vienna's own emotions. The palpable sense of brokenness in Treech, witnessing the murder of his district partner and being unable to intervene, left Vienna with a sense of despair and helplessness.

With the recent event of Tanner's death, Vienna's distrust towards Coral's intentions intensified. Observing Coral swiftly eliminate Tanner for a single mistake fueled Vienna's apprehension. The ruthless nature displayed by Coral raised concerns for Treech's safety.

If she was anything like her mentor, Coral wouldn't hesitate to target Treech should he make any misstep. The heightened tension in the arena fueled Vienna's unease, realizing that the precarious alliances formed in the Games could crumble with the slightest provocation.

Meanwhile, the watchful camera crew understood the pivotal moments were unfolding in the main arena, directing their focus accordingly. A cough erupted, alerting the audience of a new presence, the other young girl—the one who seemed to have more of a disadvantage than the rest.

"And who do we have here?" Dill emerged, bracing herself as she limped towards the abandoned bottle of water. "Ah! It's 'Ill Dill' Tuberculosis on legs."

Dill seized the chance, desperate for sustenance. The bottle of water was out in the open, easy for anyone to take, just as its owner had planned. Discarding the cap, the unwell tribute brought it to her lips, enjoying the twinkling moment of relief it brought.

Yet, it wasn't long before she reacted to the liquid she consumed, letting out a violent fit of coughing. As she lay down, blood streamed from her nose, releasing a few more coughs before she grew silent.

A few seconds later, Reaper emerged from the same hiding spot, calling for his district partner. Reaper knelt, by Dill's side, desperately trying to rouse her the sudden stillness that had overtaken her. Panic ensued within his body, the reality of losing the young girl sinking in. He attempted to shake Dill back to consciousness, his urgent pleas falling on deaf ears.