Money - Potter

The snake appeared on the boy's right shoulder when they apparated in Diagon Alley -which Diablo told him- was a go-to mall area for Hogwarts supplies as well as daily life commodities. It was... magical, to say the least. Harry was bewildered: *Why did you bring me here?*

*Surely, Mr. Potter didn't think that last night could work as repayment for my freedom.* The adder hissed back. Immediately after coming here, he had instructed Harry to cover his scar with his hair.

*You said its like a mall for wizards, right?* Harry asked after a moment and Diablo nodded. They kept talking as they walked on.

*But I don't have any mo-.* He said as Diablo interrupted: *You do have money to your name and lot of it at that.*

Harry looked at him questioningly and he said: *Yes, Mr. Potter. Your parents left you a fortune but we won't be taking any of it right now.*

Harry became even more flustered as Diablo explained: *You see. Your inheritance vault has been placed in Professor Albus Dumbledore's care, for the time being.* They kept walking.

*Dumbledore. The headmaster of Hogwarts?*

Diablo nodded. *Yes, Mr. Potter. Because I don't want to worry him into thinking that I am a bad influence on you, it'd be best if we don't do anything to tip him off.*

Harry stopped for a moment before Diablo said: *There is a John Doe account in Gringotts that you can use for now. John Doe No. 009*

*Gringotts?*

*Yes. Its the wizarding bank. Rumored to be the safest place in the world. But, I wouldn't believe rumors that much if I were you.* The snake explained as they approached a snowy white building that towered over the other little shops. *In there, Mr. Potter, don't talk to me. Not every wizard can talk to snakes, y'know.*

As Harry entered the burnished bronze doors, he could not help but marvel at the grandeur, the majesty of the high walls and the presence of goblins. Yes, goblins. He was looking at a mythical race who just last night his mind deemed creatures from fantasy. Harry walked up to the high counter.

"Um... hello!" His voice came out as a feeble greeting but the goblin heard him nonetheless and edged himself forward to see the source of the voice. He first eyed Harry and then the snake on his shoulder.

"I'd like access to... a... John Doe account." Harry said slowly.

"Alright, sir. Do you remember your account number?"

"Ah yes, it is John Doe no. 009." He replied.

"Very well! I shall have someone take your blood sample and take you down to your vault. Griphook!"

'A blood test?' Harry's heart sank. 'Diablo didn't say anything about a blood test though.

Griphook was a goblin with black eyes and sallow skin. Hesitantly, Harry followed him to a door leading downstairs.

After a while, they entered a round office with two tables and a chair. One of the tables had a few vial racks on it which were filled with blood and were tagged with numbers. The other table had a long needle and a wide and shallow dish filled with water which swirled like a small tsunami.

"Sit." Griphook motioned for him to sit and so he did.

Griphook took Harry's hand and levelled it above the dish, then poked the top of his finger softly. A few drops of blood fell into the water, giving it a slight red color.

Harry's heart began to race as Griphook reached for the vial tagged 009.

***

Hi! Its me, the author.
I know that you were enjoying reading it and I just interfered rudely but let's get this cleared first.

Give STARSS.

Thanks