Repercussions - Potter

"...Slytherin!"
The Sorting Hat had bellowed, making Pansy happier than ever. Remembering something, she looked at Draco who was not happy with this development: "He's strong, Draco. He'll make a good pet."
Her words had seemed to show Draco a new light and he remembered his plan, to grow his forces in the school and to grow out of his father's shadow, bit by bit: "You're right. He's coming, I'll act shy, you do the work." She nodded.
Meanwhile, further off the table
"Harry Potter, in Slytherin?" It was Gemma Farley, a prefect who expressed interest when others chimed in: "Did you hear? Apparently, he used a non-verbal spell earlier." Miles Bletchley added to the flame.

"Catching a death eater on his way here does not seem to be a coincidence, then." Marcus Flint, the Slytherin Prefect and Quidditch Captain, said calmly whom everyone listened quietly.

"We need to make an interaction, don't you think?" Someone said and Gemma nodded.

"Alright. I have just the man for the job."

-

"Said his name was Pike." Cassius Warrington finished explaining about the muggleborn: "Anyways, Marcus Flint wanted to say hi. His friends told me to tell you that you could always go to them if you needed any sort of help or guidance."

The faces of Draco and Pansy started to drop: 'No way in hell are we going to hand over our pet to them!' Pansy thought.

'This is their way of maintaining the hierarchy by sending a 3rd-year to convey their greeting. You may be strong, but we are stronger, that's what they want to say.' Draco sighed inherently.

"Well, you can tell them I'm grateful for it, but I don't think they will be of much help." Harry replied nonchalantly and thought: 'Because I have Diablo.' And the faces dropped even more. 'He didn't!' Pansy gasped for air.

'Not only is he is sending him back for his reply, to mark them their equal. He is also refusing their help, this boy. We might be catching a bigger fish than we can handle. Harry Potter... knows how to deal with things.' Draco perspired nervously.

'Did I say something wrong?' Harry thought: 'No! It's better like this. I can't have them pushing me around if I want to make a difference.'

"I will say just that. See you later." Cassius Warrington left without wasting another moment leaving a table colder than ever.

And then, the Hall grew more silent than ever. Pansy pointed at the High Table for Harry to see that the headmaster had stood up, a goblet in hand: "Now, a few more words now that we have all been well fed. I have a few start of term notices to give you."

"Firstly, the new students will do well to keep in mind that they Forbidde Forest is forbidden to all and secondly, no magic is allowed to be used between classes in corridors. Now, I shall leave you all to a wonderful song. I am terribly upset that I cannot accompany you. But I am confident in the abilities of Professor Flitwick and know that I will not be missed amidst the wondrous music."

As he said this, he left while Professor Flitwick gave his wand a quick flick: "And off we go!"

"Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts!" The Hall resounded with all the tunes combining to strangely resonate into one.

At the end, Professor McGonagall said: "Now I shall have to instruct each Prefect to gather their first years and show them their houses. As for Slytherin, Mr. Flint and Mr. Potter are required to follow me to the headmaster's office. Ms. Farley will have to guide all the first year Slytherins herself."

By the time she had stopped speaking, a boy with weird teeth was already approaching Harry. "Marcus Flint. I think we should move, Potter." He hurriedly introduced himself to follow Professor McGonagall out of the hall. Harry followed too.