Repercussions - Dumbledore

"I know there must be a reason, Albus, but not telling the boy about his Godfather is... wrong. And you cannot keep it hidden for too long anyways. What will you do when Sirius comes knocking here to take Harry back?" McGonagall reprimanded the headmaster formally. Her forehead twitching with anger.
"I do not mean to anger you, Harry or Sirius, for that matter. What I want is a better future for the boy... and the world he lives in." Dumbledore responded gently.
"What do you mean, Albus? Surely, you know that you can trust me with any secret. So tell me."
"I'm afraid not this one, Minerva. I must be the only one." He said: 'For the greater good.'
But there was something else bothering him more right now: 'Harry, why... do you have a snake?'
-
The Slytherin common room had only one door other than it's entrance which led to a corridor leading to all the dormitories. When Harry entered the corridor, he asked Diablo where to go. Surprisingly enough, even he did not know about Slytherin's secrets. Just then, the blonde boy entered crashing through the door: "Harry, Farley told me to show you the way." He was huffing, but continued walking as he saw him.
They entered the room which had four four-poster highland beds. His roommates were two large boys he had seen hanging around Draco before the feast and the Malfoy himself. The boys approached him and Draco intervened: "Harry, this is Vincent Crabbe and that is Gregory Goyle." Harry nodded to them. "Harry Potter." Harry gave his hand to shake which they did.
Harry wondered why Draco did not sit with them during the feast but brushed the thought away. He was sleepy. But before that, he needed to talk to Diablo. He went to the bathroom attached to their dorm and banged the door shut.
*Diablo! That was so cool!*
*I know, right?*
*Yeah. But... what if they bully me when you're not around?*
...
Harry looked at the snake and started again: *Diablo! Teach me!*
The snake retorted: *How... can a snake teach a Hogwarts student in broad daylight?*
Harry was like a puppy whose ears had drooped out of disappointment: *That means you can't teach me?*
*I just told you, Harry. I can't teach you... in broad daylight.*
Harry chuckled, knowing full well that the following morning will be a harsh one but he was not afraid.
He quickly went back, changed into his new pyjamas and went to sleep, soundly.
-
The morning, Slytherin common room
"Why did Flint and Farley call us?"
"It's only the first years, right?"
"Hush, they're here."
Step Step
The duo came and stood before them gracefully. Gemma started: "Do any of you know what happened here in the common room last night?"
"You showed Potter his place, didn't you?" It was Blaise Zabini who had said it: "So? Does he have the skills to back his arrogance?"
Marcus and Gemma looked at each other worriedly: "I'm afraid he does." Marcus said: "But there's another reason why we've called you here."
"The history of the noble house of Slytherin goes far beyond your measly families. So uphold the honor of your house before you care for your family name." Gemma explained.
"And that is why, even if we are at each others' throats on the inside; we never show it on the outside."
"If I catch even a flicker of any of you telling what happened yesterday to someone who is not a Slytherin, I promise to pull that tongue out myself." Gemma Farley said threateningly.
"Always remember!" Marcus started, with an air of dignity: "That before you are a Zabini, or a Malfoy or a Potter, you are a Slytherin."
Everyone nodded solemnly.
"Where is Harry, anyways?" Gemma Farley asked Malfoy who shrugged.
-
*YOU TOLD ME YOU'D TEACH ME SPELLS!!* Harry screamed while tiredly completing the second round of the quidditch pitch.
*Well, I didn't. I just said that I'd teach you, I just didn't specify what.* The snake smirked.
*You're a devil!* Harry stopped to catch his breath: *You know that?*
Diablo nodded: *Anyways, we should head back now.*
*What about the disarming charm?* Harry asked.
*You know the incantation and movement perfectly. All you need is some practical training. With what happened yesterday, I'll sure you'll have plenty of that.* The snake snickered: *Let's go. You still need to change.*
-
When Draco entered the Potions Classroom, he had already found Harry sitting in one of the back benches speaking with... 'A gryffindor? And a mudblood at that?'
"Yes, though I think the muggle beetroot may serve just the same function."
Hermione was amazed by Harry's way of thinking. So far, she had only memorized the texts like a parrot but he had already started thinking other alternatives for the recipes in the books. "Your reasoning of using beetroot juice in place of Billywig sting in the Invigoration Draught is quite plausible."
'Of course, this is the reason I studied potions so hard. I will make my head of house proud, I know it.'
'It doesn't feel right to interrupt them.' Malfoy's inner nerd told him he shouldn't disturb him. So he quietly sat next to Harry with Pansy next to him in turn.
"Oh, you're here." Harry turned to them.
"Yes, unlike someone; we chose to stick together." Pansy barked.
"Oh I'm sorry about that. I needed to.. um... do some exercise in the morning."
Hermione, who had unknowingly eavesdropped got flustered before she noticed that she was sitting next to three Slytherins.
With Harry sitting in between, she thought, they seemed bearable.
With a thud, an immaculately dressed professor entered the room and started addressing to the class magnificently.
His speech was excellent and Harry was already impressed with his methodology. He had decided to note down all that he has said later on when the professor said: "It seems like some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that they do not even feel the need-" He directed himself directly at Harry to raise his voice: "-to WRITE. IT. DOWN."
He had managed to break Harry's trance and he was confused: 'Does he have a grudge with me?'
"Mister Pottah! Our. New. Celebrity. Tell me what will we get if we add powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"
"We would get a Draught of Living Death, Professor." Harry said in one breath before Hermione could raise her hand.
"Where would we be able to find a bezoar?" Snape retorted.
"Although bezoars are present in human stomachs too, we, usully extract it from that of a goat." Harry shot back.
"What-" Snape started to grow impatient: "-is the difference between Wolf's bane and monkshood?"
"They are one and the same, professor. The plant is often called aconite as well."
"What is the most necessary ingredient to brew the cure for boils?"
"It must be Advil, professor."
"And what is that, Potter?"
"Its a common anti-inflammatory drug present in nature, sir."
The professor was amazed. If this was the case, he would never be able to hate him like his father: "Very well, it seems my house shall not lose any points today."
And he commenced his lecture.
'Isn't he being way too open about his contempt with Harry? He usually favors his house. But he won't give them points even if he answered them all? That's absurd.' Ron whispered to Hermione.
-
Days started to pass and it became an unspoken rule to never mention Harry's snake and his morning ventures outside of Slytherin. On the other hand, Harry started becoming more and more aware of Professor Quirinus Quirell. It seemed like he was always looking for a moment with Harry alone. Thanks to the sneakoscope, he never spent too much time with the professor. But it was concerning that he never yielded.
Harry's talent with the broom became apparent when he chased Draco for Neville's ball. Unfortunately, McGonagall had seen him and Slytherin lost some points.
Diablo also seemed to have a lot of secrets. Every now and then, he would sneak out of the castle and not came back for a whole day.
One day, as he came back during the night. He woke Harry up: *Harry! Harry, wake up! We have a guest!*