21. The news breaks out

(THIRD PERSON POV)

(THIRD PERSON POV)

"Let me bring some water for you" Taehyung's mom says and goes into the kitchen. She fills the glass with water and walks back into the living room saying,

"I hope you enjoyed with your friends. They seem really nice. I am glad that you got a great set of friends, honey. The new boy, Jeongguk also is very polite and- TAEHYUNG!!?"

But the next thing she sees breaks her heart, just like the glass that falls from her hand as she witnesses a sight she never ever wanted to, even in her dreams... There her son was lying on the floor, with his eyes closed.

"TAE! HONEY!?" She immediately walks to him and her voice wakes Yeontan up. The dog barks sensing the tensed atmosphere in the house.

"Taehyung-ah what happened? Wake up dear..." Mrs. Kim pats her son's cheeks, tears of panic already falling down her face. She looks around, then goes back to the kitchen bringing some water.

In hopes that it will wake Taehyung, she sprinkles some on his face. But it was of no use as the other still remains unconscious.

"Wake up honey" She pats his cheeks again. Controlling her tears, she immediately reaches out for the telephone near the couch and dials a number.

"H-hello?"

🤍🤍

As soon as he got the call from his wife, Kim Daesung, leaves everything and rushes to the hospital. Almost running through the corridor of the fifth floor of the hospital, he reaches the cabin of Dr. Han, a neurologist.

He wonders why a neurologist? What happened so suddenly?

"Soyeon-ah" He says opening the door and sees his wife sitting in front of the doctor and Taehyung, now conscious sitting on a small bed in the cabin.

"Daesung" Taehyung's mom says, taking a small breath of relief seeing her husband there.

"Mr. Kim, please take a seat" Dr. Han says, gesturing the empty seat in front of her. Daesung sits on the chair beside his wife and says, "What happened doctor? Is Taehyung alright?"

Dr. Han takes a deep breathe. "As you know, Taehyung fainted. And it might seem like a normal case of losing consciousness due to exhaustion or something, from the outside but when the nurses were taking tests.... we found something" She says.

Both the elder Kims furrow their eyebrows and look at each other. Taehyung, who was silently sitting on the bed, also looks at the doctor with confusion. For him, everything happening around seemed blurry and he felt light headed... One moment he was sitting beside Jeongguk in the bus, and now here he was... on the hospital bed with a doctor saying something he never imagined he would hear...

"W-what did they find?" Mrs. Kim asks.

"This is the hardest part of my job you know, facing the parents and relatives" Dr. Han chuckles nervously, taking off her glasses, then licking her lips. She then takes a file and slowly opens it in front of Mr. and Mrs. Kim, who furrow their eyebrows once again at the reports.