twenty: school shooting

Alex's POV

It was supposed to be a normal school day.

I guess it's not, since right now I'm holding my trembling girlfriend, my hand over her mouth to keep her from sobbing loudly.

Let's go back to this morning.

Me, Luna and Jackie met up and went to class together, as always. Jackie wasn't sick anymore so she came back to school.

How I wish she didn't.

We sat down at chemistry and chatted a little until the teacher came and started teaching.

Soon we were at lunch, Luna was on her phone with her head on my shoulder, as I updated Jackie on what happened in the days she was sick.

Then suddenly we all heard a loud gunshot, Luna's head jerked up "W-was that..?"  "We need to hide, now." I said quickly before grabbing Luna's and Jackie's hands, running away.

I ran to an abandoned classroom, I quickly locked the door and placed things in front of it.

We all hid under a desk, all of us texting our families.

Luna asked her brothers if they were okay, luckily they all were.

When she finished typing she dropped her phone and buried her face in her knees, struggling to breathe and starting to cry.

"Baby..baby calm down..please.." I begged while holding her and rubbing her back "Deep breaths..deep breaths..there you go-. Keep breathing slowly, okay?" I said while pulling her to my lap, cradling her.

"You alright there Jackie?" Jackie nodded and sighed.

"I'm scared" Luna cried out while tucking her head in the crook of my neck.

"I know, sweetpea. But you're gonna be okay, I'm gonna protect you" I whispered in her ear while rubbing her back.

Some time later, there were louder gunshots, making Luna shakier, she basically couldn't breathe, I had to try and calm her down.

Jackie was taking a video of everything, for proof and all of that.

Suddenly we heard the door of the classroom open. I quickly covered Luna's mouth with my hand, to keep her quiet, I turned to Jackie and placed a finger on my lips saying "shh".

"I think he left" Jackie whispered.

"We don't know..just- Jackie what are you doing?" I whisper yelled as I saw Jackie about to crawl out of our hiding place.

"Jackie please.." Luna's voice cracked.

"I'll be fine, I just want to be sure he's not here"

"Jackie- don't. It's a bad idea- you're gonna get yourself killed" I whispered, trying to make her understand. Luna held Jackie's wrist, to stop her from moving, but her grip was weak so Jackie got up.

"No- no please Jackie..I love you..don't go.." Luna begged.

"Jackie- don't. We care about you. If you get up you'll get yourself killed.." i mumbled.