fiftythree: death

Alex's POV

Today was the day, I could feel it and everyone knew.

Well, except for Luna.

I wanted to spend my last day with her, I had already spent lots of time with my parents, who were beyond heartbroken.

I had to hold back my tears as I knocked on her front door, I was gonna take her on a date and then tell her, I was scared.

Noah was the one to open the door, he pulled me into a hug and I hugged back.

In the past few months we've bonded a lot, Luna's brothers saw me as their brother too.

This was gonna be bad.

I pulled away when I heard Luna giggling while coming downstairs, I put on a smile and hugged her by the waist "Hi baby" I tried to sound as happy as I could.

"Hi!!" She smiled and kissed my cheek, then my lips.

"You ready?" I asked and she nodded, we said our goodbyes to her brothers and walked out.

I took her to her favourite restaurant first, we slipped in a booth and I picked up a menu, she did the same.

"What do you want to eat, angel?" I asked while looking at her.

"Mmmmmm..how abouuuut..pizza rolls?" She smiled, I chuckled and nodded.

We ordered our food and drinks, I held her hand and whispered sweet nothings in her ear.

When the waiter came back we smiled up at him and when he left, Luna kissed my jaw, making me ticklish.

"Babeee!!" I whined while giggling "Sorry!" She smiled and gave me a soft kiss.

I'll miss this.

I'll miss her.

I felt weak after drinking my drink, which meant my end was becoming near.

I also noticed one of the waiters continuously looking at me, as if they were waiting for something to happen but I brushed it off.

Once we finished eating, I payed and we left the restaurant to go to an ice cream shop.

We got a two flavour cone, to eat together.

Luna took lots of pictures, I giggled and kissed her lips, they tasted like chocolate and were chilly, yet they were as sweet as ever.

It was getting a little late, we went to a garden to watch the stars.

She placed her head on my shoulder as we sat down on the grass.

I sighed and took her hand "Luna?" I whispered, she hummed.

"I need to tell you something, baby" I sighed.

"What is it?" She sat up properly and looked at me with worried eyes.

"I..I'm dying, sweetheart. It's gonna happen in a little..I..I've had lung cancer for a few months, I only discovered last month but..I didn't want to worry you, I wanted to make our last days together happy" I replied softly, tears making their way in my eyes.