Chapter One

Fizzaroli sat up, stretching his arms wide. "Ozzie?"
    "Yes, Fizz?" Asmodeous said, sitting up, his eyes wide awake next to Fizz.
    "I want burgers."
    "Are we doing this again, Fizz?"
     "I want burgers," Fizz repeated.
     Begrudgingly, Ozzie complied with their usual inside joke. "It's too early for burgers ya maniac!"
    "Burger time! Burger time! Burger time!" Fizz exclaimed, his face lighting up in childish happiness.
   "Alright, alright. Do you actually want burgers, Fizzie?" Ozzie asked, getting up and changing into his classic Beetlejuice-like suit and boots. "We've got a show tonight, and I want to make sure you're energized and not hungru." Ozzie adopted his over-thinking tone.
   "Burgers are fine, Ozzie, whatever you make is perfect." Fizz reassured him, stepping forward with his legs expanding to sit on Ozzie's shoulder.
    "Burgers, it is then," Ozzie amended, smiling at Fizz.
    While Ozzid made the Burgers Fizz changed into his regular jester clothes, looking into the mirror.
    His mind went back to when he was about to perform for Mammon. He shuddered, his chest tightening in panic.
   He remembered how they had sawed off his horns, how they had basically destroyed his body.
    His breath coming  quicker now, Fizz tried to do what Ozzie had taught him.
    Five things I can see four things I can hear, three things I can feel, two things I can smell, one thing I can taste...Fizz thought, and he managed to calm down before it got worse.
   Flexing his hands, he went back to the kitchen, where Ozzie was standing at the counter, flipping the burgers.
   He turned around beaming. "Breakfast is almost done, love."
   "Perfect. How long is the show going to be tonight?" Fizz asked absent-mindedly, twirling his finger on the table.
   "About an hour, why, Fizzie? Are you tired? Do you need a break?" Ozzie asked concerdly, immediately abandoning the breakfast.
    "No, no. I'm fine." Fizz snapped. "Would you stop asking that question? It's like you think I'm so fragile ever since the accident with Mammon!"
   "Sorry, Fizz. I just wanted to make sure you're okay." Ozzie replied, a flash of sadness on his face before he masked it with enthusiasm. "Anyway, we've got a lot of things to do today. Ever since the incident, I've let the club go to ruin. I'll need your help. It'll be the grand re-opening of Ozzie's!"
  "Great," Fizz said through a mouthful of burger. "I'll get Blitz to help out. The little imp could make himself useful and keep unwanted visitors out. He'll be our security."
   "Blitz?" Ozzie looked hurt.
    "Yeah."
   "Oh. So you two are friends now?"
    "I wouldn't say that," Fizz amended, noticing Ozzie's face. "We  just don't feel the need to kill each other anymore. And if you're jealous, you definitely shouldn't be. Blitz already has Stolas, and I would never dream of fucking him. Ever."
   "Thanks, Fizzie." Ozzie smiled, giving Fizz a kiss before saying, "When you're done, we'll head to the Lust Ring and prepare for tonight. Sound good?"
   "Yeah, Ozzie, sounds great." Fizz answered, frowning as the demon turned. Fizz wasn't sure if he was ready to perform yet. But he'd try. It was for Ozzie, not Mammon, after all.