Erik (phantom) x reader why so silent?

"To think, tonight I was going to ask you to be mine!" He yelled. So that was what the necklace was for? You looked at him with a mixture of love and hate. Tonight was a night unlike any other. Because that night you truly feared the phantom of the opera.

"You still can!" You yelled in a panic "I love you Erik!" His face softened at your words. He looked directly at you and your returned his gaze through sorrowful tear felt eyes. "Please let her go." Some tears rolled down your cheeks as you pleaded for your friends life. Slowly he realised his grip on the rope and your friend fell to the floor gasping for air. You ran over to her hand hugged her, she returned it sobbing deeply into your shoulder.

"I...I'm sorry..." the phantom stuttered he looked at you as you comforted (bfs name), you didn't dare to look up at him.

"You almost killed her!" You yelled at him. Erik stood back astonished by your sudden outbursts. Fear and sorrow had left now you only felt anger. "I don't know if I can ever forgive you." The words you spoke caused pain in Eriks heart.

"Now you know what he is like," a voice spoke from the doorway. You looked to see Robin standing there with a proud smirk on his face. "A monster can't control themselves and things like this happen. We were lucky this time." You anger shifted from the phantom into Robin for some unknown reason. A hand grabbed your arm pulling you protectively close to them. Knowing that it was the phantom you remained calm. Quickly he turned to the window in an attempt to escape. "I wouldn't do that," Robins voice cooed, "this place is surrounded you have no chance to escape." There was a smug tone in his voice which just irritated you. There chances of escape were definitely low but you had full faith in Erik. You held on tightly to him only for his grip to loosen.

"Erik?" You questioned looking upto him not caring for Robins mockery of you using his name.

"I almost lost you once I don't want to risk you getting caught up in anything that can hurt you." He mumbled looking down into your (e/c) eyes. You stepped back putting a distance between you and the phantom knowing that what was about to happen wasn't going to be good.

"So finally I come face to face with the murderer, the phantom of the opera or should I call you Erik?" He chuckled. Erik said nothing. "But we're not face to face are we? Your hiding behind a mask." Robin reached for Eriks mask. You turned away as he tried to stop Robin but to no avail. More tears rolled down your cheeks.

Robin laughed a sadistic laugh which made you cringe. "So you really are a monster," the taunting words seemed to have no effect on him, however it felt like a bullet had gone through your heart. "You know what happens to a monster at the end of the fairy tales? They end up defeated by the charming prince." He gestured to himself.

You couldn't stand it anymore. "Your wrong," you interrupted. Both of there glances shifted to you. You take a deep breath, clenching your fists to calm your nerves. "That man there," you begin pointing to the phantom, "is no monster. I've gotten to know and love this man. If this fairytale that you describe is being played out by those of us in this room then that must make me the princess and Erik my prince charming. You sir are the monster in this story." You had managed to surprise yourself with how well you had managed to stay calm, despite a few tears leaking out. Erik smiled softly at you as he knew that you words were true. Robin smiled, something you had hoped to stop him from doing with your speech.

"I was wondering why you were so silent my dear," he walks over to you and goes to touch your cheek, however you slap his hand away. "Perhaps he has brainwashed you into thinking that. Maybe then I can forgive you. But you forget one thing. I am not the one who had killed people through cold hearted murder, that was him. You may think that I am a fool who doesn't understand how you feel but I understand the feelings of your friends and family and I act on there behalf. Maybe your too selfish to see there concern for you." You said nothing. You knew what he said was true but you didn't want to believe it.

"He's right (name)," your friend spoke. She was now standing and slowly making her way over to you. "We all care about you and want you home safely." She took your hands and looked you square in the face. You could tell that she wasn't lying. It was something you were always able to do. Quickly looking back at the phantom you almost wished that you hadn't come. But now knowing what had to be done you looked down to the floor.