2 - The Blonde Boy

George and Katherine help us with our bags. "Let's go inside, we'll introduce you two to everybody." Katherine says.

There is a boy on the couch on the porch. "Hi!" He says. "I'm Danny."

"I'm Claire. This is Jackie." I say.

Then we walk inside and see two more boys playing video games. One has short brown hair and is pale. The other has a darker skin color and has black hair.

"This is Claire and Jackie." George says to the boys. "Girls, this is Alex and Issac." George says. Alex looks at Jackie like he loves her and I mentally barf.

Then we walk to the kitchen and Katherine is on the phone and hands us both lemonades. I nod to thank her and I start drinking it.

"I'm sorry girls, I have to go." Katherine says. "Oh thank god, Will's here." She says. Will looks like he's a legal adult so at least they're not all teenage boys. "Will, this is Jackie and Claire. Girls, this is my oldest, Will." Katherine says.

"Welcome." Will says. He shakes both of our hands. Then a kid with a skateboard goes by inside the kitchen. Then he follows George outside.

"So the Tony Hawk wannabe is Lee." Will says. I laugh a little. Then we go upstairs to yet another boy. He's playing a guitar.

"Nathan, this is Jackie and Claire." Will says. "Alright, um, just one or two more I think." He says. My eyes go wide as Will starts walking out.

"There's more??" I ask, surprised. Nathan chuckles.

"You'll get used to it, trust me." He says. I smile at him and follow Will and Jackie. We go out to the pool next.

"Everyone! This is Jackie and Claire." Will says.

I see a little girl and another boy.

"That's Parker and Benny." Will says. Then another boy comes out of the pool. This one catches my eye though.

He's tall, blonde, and muscular. Exactly my type. The wet hair makes it even better.

"Wanna introduce yourselves?" Will asks.

"They'll figure it out." The hot blonde one says.

"That's Cole." Will says. Then a boy with a camera comes over and starts filming Jackie and I.

"Umm, hello?" Jackie asks.

"That's Jordan, the inspiring film director." Will says. I laugh a little. Then a cute Bernese mountain dog comes out of the pool soaking wet. Then it shakes and gets water all over me and Jackie.

"Albert! No!" Will says. I laugh. I love dogs.

"Oh it's fine Will, I love dogs." I say. Then I pet Albert. Jackie goes inside with Will because she got wet but I couldn't care less. I make eye contact with Cole for a few seconds and I see him smiling at me, I look down and feel my face turn red.

Then I go upstairs to see my room with Jackie. We share one and it's two beds in the middle of a bunch of art.

Then Cole comes up with a few boxes and he sets them on the floor. "You gonna help Will?" Cole asks. "I'll help too. I don't mind." I say.

"No, just make yourself at home." Will says.

"Will, trust me, if I help you carry up boxes it will be much faster." I say. Will nods and I go down to the barn with him and Cole.

I limp to the barn and Cole gives me a confused look. "You okay?" He asks.

"Oh um yeah." I say. "The night of the uh, the crash, I uh, did something to my leg." I say. "Goodbye track dreams." I say. I feel my eyes get glossy but I just look away and take a breath.

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't mean to bring that up." Cole says. "But I uh, I have a little bit of a limp too. I hurt it during football and I can't play anymore. Goodbye football dreams." He say. I give him a sad smile and we carry the rest of the boxes up in silence.