New School Year

Bold = talking

Narration/thinking

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

School opened back up and open to the students after Christmas and new years break, I wasn't too happy that I wasn't going to spend this new year with Katie, but Lily insisted that I went. While she was out getting my stuff from my house, I managed to get my laptop from my dresser and looked some things up on the internet, my eyes widened when I saw that the two detectives that was working on the case mysteriously disappeared and Katie's case grew cold.

I swallow heavy as I closed the laptop and set it down on the bed next to me. I let out a soft sniffles and shaky breathes before hearing the door of my room open. I quickly wipe my face and grabbed the controller that was on the other side of me, Lily came in with my school bag with my school supplies and everything else that I need for school.

Lily: "Alex, what's the matter my love?" She asked concerningly. I look down at the controller as tears welled up in my eyes. Lily sat on the bed as she rubbed the tears out of my eyes, I lean into her touch as I looked up at her.

"It's nothing.... it's just Katie.." I whispered out, Lily's hands stop moving for a moment, making me look up at her. She had a blank stare on her face, her eyes dark.

Lily: "Why are you still thinking about her?" She mumbled, her grip on my face tightening, "You should only be thinking about me.... me."

I let out a whimper as her gripped tightened, I grip her wrists which made her snap out of her trance. She let out a soft gasp as her grip on me softened.

Lily: "I-I'm so sorry princess, I.... I don't know that came over me like that..." She stammered quickly as she pulled her hands away from my face and to my hands, gripping them slightly, reputedly kissing my knuckles.

She looked at me with worried eyes as she let me go and gave me some space, I rubbed my knuckles together as I looked the other way. We both sat in silence for a moment.

Lily: "Did I hurt you?" She asked quietly, I shook my head as there was another moment of silence between us again.

Lily: "We are going back to school tomorrow. I have your stuff here, on your dresser." She said as she stood up from the bed and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

I let out a sigh as I lie my head down on the bed, I do not want to go back to school without Katie. But, I truly don't have a choice to do I? I turn to my side as I closed my eyes as I dread the next day for school to come.

The Next Day
----------------------

I let out a slight groan as I heard an alarm go off, I open my eyes and turned off the alarm and sat up on the bed, holding my head as it pounded with tiredness. I rubbed my eyes and ran my fingers through my tangled hair. I slide off of the bed as I made my way to the dressed, throwing my uniform on the bed along with clean underwear and a bra.

I hear the door open, and I see Lily standing in the doorway, she had a smile on her face as she waked towards me and gave me a kiss on my cheek. I let out a slight smile as I started to change into my uniform, Lily folded and neatly put my pajamas on the dresser as she stood behind me, resting her hand on my waist. I start to put on my uniform when Lily pulled me in close to her by my waist, I stumble slightly as I look behind me to her.

Lily: "I heard that we are getting a new student in our class, a girl." She whispered in my ear. I nodded my head as I started to button up my shirt. I felt her gaze on me as I continued to dress for school, she eventually pulled her hand away from from my waist as I bent down to put on my skirt and leggings.

I let out a sigh as I put on my blazer as I finished getting dressed. I was then pulled to the bed as Lily helped me out of my bedroom to the bathroom, I started to brush my hair and teeth while Lily walked downstairs to possibly tidy up while I got ready.

Once I was ready for school I slowly made my way downstairs to see two boxes full of food, which is possibly our lunches and our bags on the couch. Lily made eye contact with me she gave me a smile as she stacked the two boxes in her hands and made her way towards me.

Lily: "While you were getting ready, I made us lunch, I hope you don't mind." She said with an embarrassed tone with her cheeks growing red. I let out a smile as I took the top one from her hands and set it down next to my bag. "Let's get ready to go."

At School
-------------------

I sit at my desk straightening up my supplies as people gather around desks as they catch up with each other, I look to the empty desk next to me, that used to be Katie's desk. I let out a sigh as I put my hand on my head as I waited for class to start. Lily was in the teachers office talking to the homeroom teacher, so I was here with no one that I really know to talk to.

As the morning bell rang, everyone quickly gotten to their seats while Lily, the homeroom teacher, and a student that doesn't look familiar came into the classroom from the front. Lily shot me a smile before heading to her seat while the new student stood up in the class with the teacher.

Teacher: "Everyone, this is our new student." He said as he turned to the student, "Introduce yourself." He said as he gave out a sigh. The student took a step forward with their hand on their hip as they let out an exaggerated sigh.

New Student: "My name is Jamie, and I came here from the United States." She said as she looked at the teacher, "Can I go to my seat now?" She asked nonchalantly.

My eyes widened as I look up at them, they had dark brown hair with lighter brown highlights, their eyes had a permanent glare to them as their golden yellow eyes shown through their long bangs in front of their face. My heart swelled as my cheeks grew warm for some reason. The teacher started talking, making me snap out of my trance.

 The teacher started talking, making me snap out of my trance

Teacher: "U-uh, of course. There is a open seat next to Alexander." He said as he pointed towards me.

I lift my head up from my hand as I heard my name being called, I look around to see everyone, including the new student looking over at me. I move the scarf over my mouth as I waved 'hi' to the new student. They let out a sigh as they made their way towards me, my heartbeat increased rapidly as the new student walked towards the desk. She threw her bag on the table as she sat down next to me, leaning back in the chair chewing gum.

Teachers: "Jamie, can you please spit that out? There is supposed to be no chewing gum in class." The teacher said nicely, probably because it was her first day at school here.

Jamie: "I would rather flirt with the gym teacher, no thanks." She said as she flipped the teacher off. My eyes widened in surprise as I tried to wrap my head around what just happened. The teacher let out a sigh and turned to me,

Teacher: "Alexander, please escort Jamie to the teachers office when classes are over for today."

My heart dropped from my chest to my ass. I'm sorry, what?