23. He is back...

"Well at least you should give her a chance

"Well at least you should give her a chance. She seems nice" Hoseok hyung says as we walk to the cafeteria. Both him and Yoongi hyung somehow got to know about Chaeyoung proposing me, since then they have been pushing on this topic.

"But I don't feel that way for her hyung... She is just a friend. I don't see her more than that" I emphasize.

"We know, you yourself don't believe in love at first sight, then why not give it a try. Maybe you will fall for her in the process..." Yoongi hyung says. That's true. But I think I have already experienced that kind of feelings for someone. And that someone is not coming to college for the past three days. I have no idea where is he? Even Jimin is not coming, so that I ask him.

Because I know meeting Taehyung will only clear my doubts...

"Yeah Yoongi is right... At least, go on one date with her. Court her for a few days. And if you don't feel that spark then tell her the truth. Simple."

"But-"

"Jeongguk you will end up being single for life, if you keep rejecting people like this. Chaeyoung seems like a perfect partner for you... Give it a shot man" Yoongi hyung says.

"Ok fine" I sigh and say. Nobody's gonna get hurt so I can try for a few days. I know Chaeyoung will understand if I don't feel the same way as her even after getting to know her more...

We reach the cafeteria and on our regular table, I spot a bob of head. In hopes that it was Taehyung, I serve myself food in a hurry and rush towards the table. But to my dismay, it was not Tae but Jimin. But still, Jimin is back. Now, I can ask him about Taehyung's whereabouts.

"Woah you are hella excited to meet Jimin, JK" Hobi hyung laughs, as both him and Yoongi hyung come near the table. His voice catches Jimin's attention, who was staring blankly at the plate of food in front of him.

"Hi guys" He says, smiling a little, but his slightly red eyes showed otherwise.

"Hey" Hobi hyung says and we all take a seat.

"Where's Taehyung?" In no time, these words leave my mouth without realizing. Jimin looks at me and gulps.

"He- He is sick..." He says looking down.

"what happened to him? And are you alright?" Yoongi hyung asks.

"Y-yeah I am fine... and he just has headache and um... fever. So he isn't coming..." Why do I find so hard to believe Jimin right now? Maybe because he is always so confident in his speech but right now he seemed so nervous. More like he will cry anytime soon.

"Tell him to take care then..." Yoongi hyung says nodding. Silence falls over, then the hyungs engage in a conversation about some hockey player and I observe Jimin's actions. Something is surely up... What is he hiding from us?

🤍🤍

The next two days were nothing different. Taehyung still didn't come to college and Jimin looked uptight, whenever I saw him. The only thing that changed was Chaeyoung started spending more time with me. Before the first bell we sat on the same bench, on which me and Tae sat. During lunch she sat near me on Taehyung's seat, after lunch again we spent time together... mostly talking about music.