Epilogue

---

They played in the Meadow. The dancing girl with (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes. The boy with blond curls and red eyes, struggling to keep up with her on his chubby toddler legs. Even after so many years, when (M/N) first felt her stirring inside him, he was consumed with terror that felt as old as life itself. Only the joy of holding her in his arms could tame it. Carrying him was a little easier, but not much.

The questions were just beginning. The arenas had been completely destroyed, the memorials built, there were no more Hunger Games. But they taught about them at school, and the girl knew her parents played a role in them. The boy would know in a few years. How could (M/N) tell them about that world without frightening them to death? His children, who would take the words of the song for granted:

Deep in the meadow, under the willow

A bed of grass, a soft green pillow

Lay down your head, and close your eyes

And when they open, the sun will rise.

Here it's safe, here it's warm

Here the daisies guard you from every harm

Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow bring them true

Here is the place where I love you.

His children, who didn't know they played on a graveyard.

Katsuki told him it would be ok. They had each other. And the book. They could make them understand in a way that would make them braver. But one day (M/N) would have to explain about his nightmares. Why they came. Why they won't ever really go away.

But he'll tell them how he survived it. He'll tell them that on bad mornings, it felt impossible to take pleasure in anything because he was afraid it could be taken away. That was when he made a list in his head of every act of goodness he had seen someone do. It was like a game. Repetitive. Even a little tedious after more than twenty years.

But there are much worse games to play.

---

Soooo... it's over.

Obviously this point would happen eventually, but it never really crossed my mind until I reached the end.

It's been a ride for sure. I remember when I first thought of making this crossover - was still in school back then and it seemed like a fun little idea that just happened to cross my mind while sitting in class. Never planned to do the whole trilogy, only the first book/movie, but it ended up being really fun so I kept it going. Now after three years it's actually finished.

I hope you all had as much fun reading this series as I did writing it. I also don't think I've found another crossover like this one so at least it's unique (I hope lol, maybe there are others out there but I never found any so idk).

I have a few other fanfics in the works so I guess it's time to focus on those ones now, probably won't be ready for a few months tho. So for now, I hope you all enjoyed this journey and I'll see you in my other fanfics hopefully. If not, then goodbye yall :)

🎉 You've finished reading 𝓐 𝓜𝓮𝓪𝓷𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓪𝓷 𝓔𝓷𝓭 | Katsuki Bakugou x Male Reader 🎉