Chapter Four

Drew look above^^
We got home soon enough and I quickly went inside to greet my mom. I wanted to tell her about my close encounter with my mate, but I will wait until I know who he is exactly. "Hi mom!" I exclaimed to the brunette woman sitting in the kitchen.

"Hello, Mackenzie." My mother said in a soothing tone. She was always so calm, unless you put her family in danger then she would raise hell. She knew how to calm my dad down so easily, probably because they were mates. That's still quite an achievement, mate or not. "How was school today?"

"School was great, I have the same schedule as Winston!"

"That's always good." She smiled, shooing me off probably so she can start dinner. Most alpha households had personal chefs, my father once did too. My mom made my dad get rid of them, so she could cook or he could. I thought it was nice. Adding a home-like touch to this big house the alpha lives in.

I quickly skidded of room my room to change into comfier clothes. I put on a light blue sweatshirt and a pair of black Soffe shorts. I was about to start watching a movie until I heard a knock on my door. I got up and answered it to find Henry standing at my door with a worried look on his face.

"What's wrong, Henry?" I asked.

"I heard you're trying out for the cheer team," he started "well there is this girl on the team, she's in the Blood Runner pack, and she kind of hates you...so be careful at tryouts."

"Okay, what's she going to do? Hit me with her pompoms?" I laughed.

"No, just be careful, okay?" He said.

"Yeah, sure whatever." I promised. He walked away and I closed the door as he left.

I went back to my bed and turned on the movie. I didn't really pay any attention to it. All I could think about was school. Would I find him tomorrow? What is that girls problem with me? So many questions that need to be answered. I was soon called out for dinner and then I decided to go back to my room and sleep.

I actually woke up on time this morning. I hopped out of bed and picked out my outfit. I put on a floral skater skirt and white crop top with black vans. I put on my make up and curled my hair then ran to the kitchen to eat breakfast. It was 6:55 so I had five minutes to spare. My dad wasn't driving me to school today, since he scouted everything. I still have to drive Henry though. Our dad doesn't trust him to drive on his own. "Henry! Hurry up!" I yelled down the hall where our bedrooms were located.

"I'm coming! Give me a minute!" He yelled back. I could hear Graham growling from his room. We probably woke him up from all the yelling. I sat at the kitchen island to eat some toaster waffles. Henry finally came out of his room at 6:59 and I grabbed him a bagel to eat in the car as we rushed to the garage.

We got in the black Acura and left for school. At 7:27, we made it to the school parking lot. We had three minutes to get to homeroom. I caught up with Drew and Victoria on the way to homeroom since we had it together. All of us did.

"You look nice today, Mack." Drew said flashing his signature smile. I smiled back and mouthed thank you. Victoria made a gagging noise while grabbing my arm and dragging me ahead. We made it to homeroom right when the bell rang. I walked over to Winston and Brooklyn who were saving three seats for us in the back row.

"How was tryouts yesterday?" Brooklyn asked Winston and Drew. Drew growled as his eyes turned black.

"I'm linebacker and Drew is wide receiver." Winston said smiling. He was aiming to be linebacker. Drew on the other hand wanted to be quarterback, so maybe that's why he was mad. "Grayson beat him for quarterback," Winston continued "and as you can see, Drew isn't the happiest about it."