Chapter Twenty Two

Mackenzie's baby above^^
The pain was excruciating, like I was being stabbed constantly in the abdomen. I tried to make it through. Soon enough, it surely paid off. "It's a girl!" Arthur exclaimed as he wrapped the baby in a pastel pink blanket and handed her to me. She was perfect. A tear escaped my eye as I held my little bundle of joy in my arms.

I turned my head slightly to the right, Grayson was looking at me. His deep blue eyes were glassy. A crystalline tear drop rolled down his cheek and off his jaw. I smiled at him briefly then looked back down at the newborn in my arms.
"What should we name her?" I whispered looking back to Grayson.

"How about Meredith?" He replied while grabbing one of my hands.

I smiled, "That's a wonderful name."
"Okay, Meredith it is!" Arthur exclaimed. Honestly, I had forgotten everyone else was here.

All my friends swarmed around the me to get a look at the newest member of the Blood Runner pack. I handed Meredith to Grayson who was just lingering beside me anxiously. He held her like she was a piece of fine china. Every time she made a sound he panicked.

Caspar stirred in the back of the room, constantly glancing back and forth between the floor and the group. Victoria, Winston and I shared sympathetic looks with each other. I decided to wave Caspar over, after a moment of hesitation he came over.

"How ya feeling?" He asked.

"Great, I'm glad all the pain is gone." I smiled. He nodded in response and started conversation with Winston. They've become very close and are actually pretty good friends, it's kinda funny. They're both betas and get along well, though there families will probably have arguments over beta power in the pack.

"Uh...Luna, Alpha?" Arthur said cautiously. I flushed, something was wrong. Grayson and I directed our attention to the doctor.

"Yes?" I said while sitting up from the bed.

"We need to give Meredith some meds, she is far too weak. If we don't, she won't make it." My heart filled with sorrow. I had just gotten her, I don't want to hand her back.

Grayson looked at me, his face expressionless.

"Okay, do whatever is needed for her to be healthy." I answered calmly reaching for the nearest hand to grab. It was Victoria's, thank god. I squeezed her hand as Grayson handed Meredith to Arthur.

"I'm going to go with Arthur and stay with Meredith." Grayson announced, turning to exit the room. I nodded as he proceeded out the door.

"Alright honey, I know you are stressed and worried, but you're killing my hand." Victoria said while trying to remove her hand from my grasp. I had an iron hold on her. After a few more complaints, I finally let go of her hand.

"Aah! Thank god! I thought I would loose this hand!" She was rubbing her hand aggressively.

Kian and Victoria had to leave, because the twins were driving the sitter crazy. I waved goodbye to the two and sank back down onto the pristine hospital bed.

My mom had to leave as well, to get back to her pack on time. I stood up and hugged her. "I'll call you later mom. Say hi to Henry for me!" Winston and Poppy followed her out and soon enough it was just Caspar left.

"Hm, interesting." I grumbled.

"What's so interesting?" He questioned.

"Just that you are the last person here. I expected you to be first to leave since you've been avoiding me so much." I was aggravated, I wasn't thinking. He looked taken back.

"Wha- I haven't been avoiding you."

"Yes you have. Every time I entered a room you exited."

"Well...if I am doing that thing, I have a good reason for that." He said crossing his arms.

"What could that possibly be?! That you are in love with me?! Yeah, I know. I heard everything in the coma!" It was like word vomit, I couldn't control what was coming out. I was soon on my feet, staring at him. Caspar looked embarrassed, he took a couple steps forward until he was right by the bed.

"I am not in love with you. I can't be, it's not right." He whispered. "You are my Luna, and my best friend's mate. It's like a form of betrayal and I hate myself every day for my feelings. It's better I don't come near you, for it makes it easier to repress my feelings. Seeing you smile and hearing you laugh makes me love you more and more. I know you don't share my love, nor do I expect you to. If you don't want to speak to me ever again, I understand. I have crossed many boundaries, and used tones that are inexcusable." With that, Caspar exited the room. Leaving me all alone with my thoughts.

Grayson returned holding our little bundle of joy in his arms. He greeted me with a warm smile and bright eyes. I stood up from the bed and ran to Grayson, who was standing by the door. "Is she healthy?" I asked eagerly.
"Healthier than ever." He answered proudly. I grinned as he handed me our blanket wrapped Meredith.

We exited the hospital after I thanked Arthur and everyone who helped. I walked up the steps, holding Meredith. Grayson stood behind me, making sure I didn't slip and fall.

I entered our homely bedroom with Meredith cradled in my arms. There was an ivory crib in the place of the couch. The bed of the crib was covered in a pale pink sheet and covered with a light blue blanket. Placed in the corner was a teddy bear stuffed animal.

Carefully, I set Meredith in the crib and placed a kiss on her forehead. I turned and looked at Grayson, who was standing at the end of the crib. He had a grin on his face and was looking down at the sleeping newborn. I leaned against him as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

Meredith had Grayson's same raven hair that curled around her face and throughout her head.

Everything was finally piecing together. I have a family of my own now.