Chapter Ten

"What do you mean I'm in danger?" I demanded.

"I have many enemies, now they all know that you are my mate and they will do anything to break me." He informed me. "Even try to hurt you, but I sure as hell am not letting that happen."

We proceeded across the territory line. We drove past a village where in guessing pack members live and there were little building like diners and small shops. I love how everything looks. It all looked so antique and rustic which made it quite beautiful.

We pulled up to this huge mansion, it stood out like a sore thumb. It looked quite modern with a lot of windows. It was much larger than my house. Grayson helped me out of his car and held my hand as we walked to the door. As if on cue, a guard opened the door and let us in. He gave me a grand tour of the house. The kitchen was huge which is great, because I love cooking.

He showed me our room located on the second floor. The walls were painted pale blue with white carpet and a king sized bed. The room was accented with light wood. There's a white couch on the opposite wall of the bed with blue throw pillows rested on each side. I walked into the master bathroom that was connected to our bedroom. It's huge, a jacuzzi tub and a big shower. There are two sinks and blue towels hanging on a rack beside them. Grayson must really like the color blue.

My suitcases were brought up to the room and placed at the end of the bed. I plopped down on the bed with a sign. "Hey Grayson, why are there so many rooms?"

"Most of the pack lives here. Some decide to live on their own in the village we passed." He answered, leaning on the doorframe. I laid back on the bed and soon enough darkness overcame me and I was asleep.

I woke up under the covers of the bed. Grayson must have moved me. He walked out of the bathroom in just a towel. I guess he didn't see me awake or he just didn't care that he was walking around the room half naked. I could help but stare. He was so muscular. I think he noticed my stares and turned around to smirk at me. After I blushed and looked away, he grabbed some clothes from the armoire and went back to the bathroom to get dressed.

Grayson walked back out moments later fully clothed. He wore a light blue button up shirt and a pair of jeans with a pair of white vans. "Hey, I have an outfit just like that!" I announced "I'll go change into it!"

"Oh no, please don't. I don't want to be one of those matching couples." He pleaded. It was too late I was already up from the bed and rummaging through my suitcases. I ran into the bathroom to change into my outfit. It was a baby blue crop top and medium wash high waisted jeans with white vans. I jumped out of the bathroom.

"See, now we match!"

"Oh great." I could sense the sarcasm in his tone. I threw my hair up into a high ponytail to make it look not as messy. He extended a hand towards me, "shall we go introduce you to people?"

"Yes we shall." I said placing my hand in his. We walked down the stairs, where a bunch of people were gathered. I smiled at them, it was nice to see welcoming faces in my new pack.

"This is Caspar Daniels, my beta and best friend." Grayson explained motioning to a tall brunette boy. I smiled at him, he seemed quite shy, but I'm pretty it's because I'm a new person. I remember seeing him around school, he's in my homeroom.

"It's nice to meet you, Caspar."

"It's nice to meet you too, Luna." He said with a small smile on his face. We moved on to another brunette boy, with bright purple eyes.

"Mackenzie, this is Kian Fletcher, our Third." Grayson said, motioning to the boy. He, unlike Caspar, didn't look shy. He looks quite confident. "He will also be your personal guard." I held out a hand hoping he would shake it.

"Nice to meet you as well." I grinned. He nodded. I met with many other people that day. Relatives of Grayson and people that own the shops along the village. Everyone was so kind, I'm glad that I moved to a nice pack.

~~three days later~~

Kian and I have become great friends, he has a good sense of humor. He was no Winston though. Every time I thought of them I clung on to the locket Victoria gave me. Around noon that same day I had gotten a call from Victoria. Thank god, I missed her so much. "Hello?" I said while answering the phone.

"Hey Mack, I miss you so much! So does Winston and the others." She answered.

"I miss you guys too. I wish I could see you guys."

"Glad you said that, because we are on our way to your territory now. Can you inform Grayson that we will be there soon?"

"Oh uh yeah, wait who all is coming?"

"Just Winston and I." And at that moment she hung up the phone. I walked to Grayson's study to inform him that they will be coming by.

"Hey Grayson," I said while knocking on the door of the study. "Victoria just called me and she said that her and Winston are on their way to the territory. Can you inform the guards that they will be here?"

"Of course, why did she call you on such short notice?"

"I don't know why Victoria does half the things she does." I walked up to him and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before going back to the living room. Kian and I were watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, upon my request.

Victoria and Winston arrived right when the movie ended. I stood up as the guards opened the doors revealing my two best friends with huge grins on their faces. I jumped over the couch and ran towards them wrapping them up in a group hug. "I missed you guys so fricking much!" I yelled. "How did you guys get out of the borders?"

"We just left. Drove right out of the territory." Winston answered triumphantly.

"So do you guys want to go get lunch? We can go to the diner down in the village." They both nodded. "Grayson! We are going to the diner!" I shouted down the hall towards the study.

"Bring Caspar, he's going down there anyway!" He yelled back. I decided not to argue and waited for Caspar to come down the hall and join the rest of us. He followed not to far behind us as I led Victoria and Winston to the diner. Caspar sat at the table next to ours with a couple of his guard buddies.

We all got hamburgers and fries. Victoria filled me in on the latest school and pack drama while Winston told me his latest jokes he's discovered and girls that are fawning over him. It's only been four days, but I still seemed to miss a lot.

"Drew has become a clingy lovesick puppy every time he's not with Brooklyn. It's hysterical." Victoria laughed.

"How is Henry?"I asked. I really wanted to know, I miss him greatly.

"He's good. He hasn't hurt him self again. Thank god. That boy is a ticking time bomb I tell you." Winston said.

"Yeah you might as well just keep that boy house bou-" Victoria was cut off, she looked around the diner.

"Victoria what's wrong?" I questioned cautiously.

"Vic, are you okay?" Winston said shaking her shoulder.

She stood up and walked towards the diner door. She stood there, as still as a photograph. Just then the door opens and all went silent.

"Mate." Victoria whispered.